cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cotek Inverters

Cydog15
Explorer
Explorer
Why am I liking these? Just saw one in action from a bbq vendor. So many people in other industries are talking about them and I asked Best about them and they said yep. they are doing well yet not on their site but coming soon.
10 REPLIES 10

Almot
Explorer III
Explorer III
Cydog15 wrote:

Samlex products look nothing like Cotek products and Samlex is Canadian too!

PSW Samlex 300 and Cotek 300 look rather similar on the outside, though many 300W boxes do.

Cotek has lower surge limit (400W vs 500) and rough-er waveform (6% distortion vs 3%). Weird blue color too, though this can be a matter of taste.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Cydog15 wrote:
Dutch_12078 wrote:
3 tons wrote:
Cydog15 wrote:
Dutch_12078 wrote:
Cotek is a Samlex America brand...

I'm learning that maybe it was the other way around that Samlex used Cotek as one of their suppliers for awhile.

Exactly, at least that is my recollection, but I was thinking that they were made in Taiwan.

Cotek is a Taiwan based company that has a sales office in Canada. Samlex America is their US distributor.

samlexamerica.com/products/ProductsList
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Cydog15
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch_12078 wrote:
3 tons wrote:
Cydog15 wrote:
Dutch_12078 wrote:

I'm learning that maybe it was the other way around that Samlex used Cotek as one of their suppliers for awhile.

Exactly, at least that is my recollection, but I was thinking that they were made in Taiwan.

Cotek is a Taiwan based company that has a sales office in Canada. Samlex America is their US distributor.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
3 tons wrote:
Cydog15 wrote:
Dutch_12078 wrote:

Dutch

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
Cydog15 wrote:
Dutch_12078 wrote:

Cydog15
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch_12078 wrote:

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
I laughed when Lin, told me years ago the story of mainland China manufacturing and quality control supervision.

Koreans are often used as supervisors and quality control inspectors. Assembly line personnel strongly dislike them because they are abrupt and strict.

But companies like Snap On, Honda, and Meanwell have Chinese factories. The same may be true for this inverter line. My Samlex 300 watt inverter absolutely has Chinese characters on it's circuit board. With supervision who cares if it's done right. The design and materials are strictly supervised.

**Snap On
Take a deep breath before you explode. Snap On products sold in the USA are 100% made in USA. Outside the USA most of the stuff is made in China or Brasil. And this ain't rumor...

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Mine's been working fine for 2 years.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
  • High Frequency Unit
  • 87% efficiency
  • Made in Guangdong province, China
  • Exported via Hong Kong
  • Website does not list UL or ETL certification.

Wide range of features. The website did not link to a price list. An 80 ampere charger-only model is listed at a weight of 8.8 pounds.