cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dewinterizing 2018 Leprechaun

DesertHiker
Explorer
Explorer
I am dewinterizing my 2018 Leprechaun. All the antifreeze is out; nice clear water. When I turn on the hot water heater, it stays on for only a few seconds. I have put the plug back in. When I turn on a hot water faucet inside the coach, cold water comes out. My guess is that I still have not filled the water heater. This model has all those lovely valves (four of them) in a compartment on the outside .. easy to reach and all. What do I need to do to get water in the water heater and get it hot? THANKS!!
DesertHiker
home base is Bend, Oregon
2 REPLIES 2

routeforty
Explorer
Explorer
Oh, when filling the hot water tank, open a hot water faucet either continually until the air stops coming and a solid stream of water flows or stand by it and open it every few seconds until you get a steady stream of water
2018 coachmen leprechaun class c 2008 KZ spree 260FL

routeforty
Explorer
Explorer
Just guessing that maybe your bypass valves are not in the proper position. Don't know what the 4th valve is for, but the valves to the
water inlet and outlet need to be open and the bypass valve needs to be shut. Imagine the capital letter "H" the valves on each side (the vertical sides)need to be open and the line joining the 2 sides(the bypass valve) needs to be shut. Just the opposite for winterizing. Happened to me a couple times with the exact symptoms you described, when valves were in the proper position-problem solved. Gary
2018 coachmen leprechaun class c 2008 KZ spree 260FL