cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

E-1 Message on Dometic thermostat

Weldon
Explorer
Explorer
My 15 btu dometic a/c has quit working. I have a message on the thermostat E-1. Need help identifying this problem. Montana is parked in the country and plugged into 50 amp. Think there was a lighting strike near by because some breakers were off.
Second question, I pulled the start capacitor which is not swollen and there is no burned electrical smell. Plugged into top of capacitor is a small device labeled Motor Starter. The connector attached to this did show signs o0f being too hot.
What does E-1 on the thermostat indicate?
How does one test the capacitor?
How does one test the peice labeled Motor Starter #Awsx-7?

Thanks!
20 REPLIES 20

Weldon
Explorer
Explorer
Doug I don't have the model number of the AC but it is NOT the Penguin Low Profile.
Will be a few days before I can get back to the trailer. Appreciate your help and will try the reset when I get there.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
How do I reset my Dometic 5 button thermostat?
Once the new cable is plugged in do a reset on the 5 button control center (hold the Zone and Mode buttons down while turning on the 5 button control center. You will see the letters FF and once you release the Zone/Mode buttons you will then see Zone 1. IF that does not do the trick, then the COM cable between the Tstat and roof AC has a problem. Need Model of roof AC. Low Profile? Which is a Penguin. Doug

Weldon
Explorer
Explorer
2004 2955 RL Montana, Dometic and a 5 button I think. Just one unit. I tried to post a picture of the thermostat.
Think it is a single zone thermostat, on the bottom of the stat, wording On/Off, on right side, t and -, on the left side, Cool-Fan-Furnace. Thanks!

https://www.bing.com/search?q=reset+dometic+rv+thermostat&FORM=R5FD7

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Need Year/Brand/Model of RV. Do you know WHICH Dometic Tstat you have? CCC 4 button CCC 5 button CCC2
2 AC units or just one?

Weldon
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Doug, I tried Off and Zone (zone meaning fan-cool-furnace) but did not get the "IniT" message. What is Mode?
Is there a fuse inside the control box? Seems I read something on this.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
NO communication at the AC control Board to the wall tsat. Doug

First, reset the CCC2 using the Dometic โ€œSystem Reset Procedureโ€ (see NOTE below):
โ€ข Press OFF .
โ€ข Press ZONE and MODE at the same time. The CCC2 screen will display the โ€œIniTโ€ screen which
will list all the available Zones: