cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Eternabond Prep

Phil___Stephie
Explorer
Explorer
What is a good substitute product available at local hardware stores instead of the Eternabond cleaning solution? Also, does Eternabond have a shelf life, don't see any dates on the packaging.

Phil & Stephanie Grey

"Partners In Life"
2016 Allegro 36LA
2007 Chevy HHR
Yorkies; Paisley Marie & Opie Taylor
6 REPLIES 6

Phil___Stephie
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for responses.

Roof is Britetech. (Spelling?)

Phil & Stephanie Grey

"Partners In Life"
2016 Allegro 36LA
2007 Chevy HHR
Yorkies; Paisley Marie & Opie Taylor

MFSB
Explorer
Explorer
Reading on the EternaBond site I found that Acetone was the prep chemical to use for my repair. I put a patch that was roughly 4 times the size of the hole in my roof material on. The hole was the size of a nickle and the kit came with 4" wide tape, so I put a 4" by 4" square on two different locations. The material is extremely sticky, then rubbing on it to activate it apparently makes it adhere even better? I didn't notice any edge lifting or bubbles with my application, I hope that helps your decision on prep chemical.

ed6713
Explorer
Explorer
TechWriter wrote:
Acetone

Done the EternaBond thing twice. Acetone does an excellent job. Leaves no residue.

It is,of course, extremely flammable and the fumes will knock you out. Be sure to heed the cautions on the container.
๐Ÿ™‚

MrWizard
Acetone or MEK

What type of roof ?
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

Gale_Hawkins
Explorer
Explorer
Lacquer thinner was the first on the list from Eternabond until they started rebranding something. Some thinks it is brake cleaner. We have stuck with lacquer thinner. Used ether one time because that was all we had that would work and it was a small patch job.

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
Acetone
2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35โ€™ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41โ€™ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31โ€™ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs