Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fan Operation: Ducted vs. Non-ducted a/c

otrfun
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just purchased a new 5r with two a/c's.

The ducted a/c unit cycles the fan off when the compressor cycles off. The non-ducted, bedroom a/c unit functions like every non-ducted unit I've ever used---the fan runs constantly.

Any particular reason why the ducted a/c unit turns the fan off and the non-ducted doesn't?
3 REPLIES 3

Home_Skillet
Explorer II
Explorer II
The ambient roomtemperature swings are greater in a non-ducted system. That's why the fan runs all the time.
2005 Gulf Stream Conquest 31ft
BigFoot Levelers,TST in tire TPMS,Bilstein Shocks,Trans temp guage,Lowrace iWAY

dave17352
Explorer
Explorer
Our 5th wheel has only one 15k unit, which is ducted but you can open the vent in the main room so it all dumps in the living area. I always leave the fan on full time to keep the air circulating. We close the dump vent in the evening and the air circulates nicely at night. Again with the fan on all the time. I prefer the grey noise when sleeping. I would think you would be able to leave the fan on all the time on both AC's
NOW 2017 Leprechaun 260ds
2005 Forrest River Cardinal 29rkle FW
1998 Lance 980 11'3" TC
2017 CHEVY 3500 SRW 6.0
B@W turnover ball @ companion Hitch
Honda eu3000 generator mounted on cargo rack
Crestliner 1850 Fish Ski boat mostly fishing now!

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ours works that way also, but we do have a setting on the thermostat to indicate "auto" which will make it turn on/off with the AC, or on, which will keep it running constantly. We keep our on auto for both our front and read AC - they are both ducted.