cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Found some bare wired under the coach

2000flair
Explorer
Explorer
Last week i replaced the blown power converter on my 2000 flair.

While doing that, i noticed several cables around and behind the house electrical breakers had been cut. I think they may have been used or intended for stuff like solar panels and such. They are not 110 wires but 12v car type, and color coded.

I capped the ones that were bare and tied them up so they are now secure and neat.

I went under the coach to check for more loose stuff in the same area and I found 3 larger cables just hanging there, also bare. I used my testerand it seems they are live.

Iโ€™ve wrapped them with electric tape and secure them so they don't touch anything but Iโ€™m wondering what they are for and if Iโ€™m missing some component that should be put back.

Please see the pictures and if anyone has an idea of what they are for Iโ€™d appreciate your input.

https://www.indfilms.ca/wp-content/uploads/IMG_6461-scaled.webp

In the same general topic, I have a 30A fuse near be car battery that keeps blowing. Everything seems to be working but I keep replacing it and I wonder what that may be.

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
2000flair wrote:
dougrainer wrote:
The 2 bottom ones are ground frame connections. The other may be the same, but does it have 12 volts positive on it? Doug

Thanks for the info, I imagine they should connect somewhere. Any ideas?

BTW, I am not sure about the positive, when I tested them with the multimeter, it read 36. I will test again this weekend and mark them all accordingly.

The reason I stated the bottom 2 were ground was because of the wires that were crimped by a screw. The metal tab the wires were installed in has a hole where a bolt was used to bolt to the metal chassis frame right above it. The OTHER wire has a crimp on ring tail and was also probably connected by the same bolt since there is no extra slack. Very possible that the wires were never mounted to the frame from original build. Doug

2000flair
Explorer
Explorer
Bobbo wrote:
2000flair wrote:

While doing that, i noticed several cables around and behind the house electrical breakers had been cut. I think they may have been used or intended for stuff like solar panels and such. They are not 110 wires but 12v car type, and color coded.

I capped the ones that were bare and tied them up so they are now secure and neat.

I went under the coach to check for more loose stuff in the same area and I found 3 larger cables just hanging there, also bare. I used my testerand it seems they are live.

Iโ€™ve wrapped them with electric tape and secure them so they don't touch anything but Iโ€™m wondering what they are for and if Iโ€™m missing some component that should be put back.

Please see the pictures and if anyone has an idea of what they are for Iโ€™d appreciate your input.

In the same general topic, I have a 30A fuse near be car battery that keeps blowing. Everything seems to be working but I keep replacing it and I wonder what that may be.

Thanks

Made the link a clicky.

Sorry, I'm still new to the forum and I thought putting the url on the image icon was sufficient.

2000flair
Explorer
Explorer
dougrainer wrote:
The 2 bottom ones are ground frame connections. The other may be the same, but does it have 12 volts positive on it? Doug

Thanks for the info, I imagine they should connect somewhere. Any ideas?

BTW, I am not sure about the positive, when I tested them with the multimeter, it read 36. I will test again this weekend and mark them all accordingly.

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
2000flair wrote:

Thanks

Made the link a clicky.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad