Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

foxing the Blue Sky 3024di

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

Today about 2 pm the Blue Sky 3024 di was doing 13.3 and zero amps. I have an external switch so that I can deliberately "trigger" an equalization. As soon as I did voltage reached 15.2 and amps going in were 8.9

There is also a trik-l-start installed and it dropped the voltage down to 14.6 on the chassis battery.

The 8.9 amps is being shared by 8 marine batteries, so it is more or less a trickle charge effect--but it means that the chimney fans and parasitic loads are being run by the solar instead of the battery bank.

Probably only about 4 amps are going into the eight batteries.

Temperature happens to be 25 C (77 f).
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.
5 REPLIES 5

mena661
Explorer
Explorer
pianotuna wrote:
Hi Dale,

The chassis battery is also a marine jar, identical to the others. Interesting idea that pressure will build up from about 500 milliamps of charging. Does anyone have an answer?
Flooded batteries gas so how does any sort of pressure build up?

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi Dale,

The chassis battery is also a marine jar, identical to the others. Interesting idea that pressure will build up from about 500 milliamps of charging. Does anyone have an answer?

gatorcq wrote:
Disconnect the chassis batteries. Not good for them. Pressure will build up
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

HiTech
Explorer
Explorer
JiminDenver wrote:
there is a lot to be said for having your daily needs covered so your batteries are nice and charged for the night.

x2 helps the chassis batteries make up for the typical undercharging you often see. Might even save a little gas from the alternator or king less hard.

Jim

gatorcq
Explorer
Explorer
Disconnect the chassis batteries. Not good for them. Pressure will build up
Dale & Susan
DaGirls II Rv - Dakota & Tilly Traveling Companions.
2008 Alfa Gold, 2015 Ford F150 XLT
Roadmaster and Air Brake System
1600 Watts, Magnum Inv/Chg&Solar
800 Lithium Battery
DaGirslRV Blog

JiminDenver
Explorer
Explorer
there is a lot to be said for having your daily needs covered so your batteries are nice and charged for the night.
2011 GulfStream Amerilite 25BH
2003 Ford Expedition with 435w tilting portable/ TS-MPPT-45
750w solar , TS-MPPT-60 on the trailer
675 Ah bank, Trip-lite 1250fc inverter
Sportsman 2200w inverter generator