cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fridge/freezer Good Idea or not about vent access door?

path1
Explorer
Explorer
I defrosted our fridge/freezer yesterday. It is a Norcold 821. The drain tube that goes from inside to out side was plugged up. From the outside the vent was plugged up with the neighbors tree debris. Little tiny seed pods that get into everything, just not the fridge/freezer compartment in RV but about everything we have at our house. Gutters, sliding glass door tracks etc. Neighbors trees and neighbor as been a pain for many years. But not much I can do about it.

I'm thinking about putting screen material in the vent door so those tiny seed pods don't get into the fridge/freezer compartment. If I do put in screen material will it block off to much air and prevent enough air circulation for proper cooling?
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"
17 REPLIES 17

path1
Explorer
Explorer
westend wrote:
Move, or shoot neighbor and cut down trees while waiting for body to be discovered.
Yes, screen will help but the screen will eventually clog, also.

Curious: What type of tree is this that drops seeds so fine and aerodynamic that they fly into your vent openings?

I was thinking I could blow off screen every now and then.

Weeping birch. Little tiny helicopter seed things by the millions that get everywhere.
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Copper nails work great. Fixes the problem in 1-2 months. Wear black with gloves and a ski mask...

We have tons of Mango pollen down here. Rub minrral oil across the screen and it'll trap twice or three times the amount of debris. Wash with dishwashing liquid.

The again you can always plant HOPS on your side of the fence. Miserable little plant that shortly will be on his side exploding with growth. Almost impossible to kill. It'll eat his shrubs chaff his children and molest anyone that goes near it.

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Move, or shoot neighbor and cut down trees while waiting for body to be discovered.
Yes, screen will help but the screen will eventually clog, also.

Curious: What type of tree is this that drops seeds so fine and aerodynamic that they fly into your vent openings?
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton