cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

FYI Basic Solar Kit from Costco

Jersey_Shore
Explorer
Explorer
Seems like a good DIY deal with all you get.

4 100w polycrystalline panels, 2000w PSW inverter, and looks like a Xantrex Trace C35Amp controller.

http://www.costco.com/.product.100111497.html?&EMID=B2C_2014_0602_JuneMailer
'06 Ford F-350 6.0 CC LB SRW
'04 Holiday Rambler 37CK Toy Hauler
36 REPLIES 36

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
IMHO Looks like a pretty good deal.

Costco usually vets their products pretty thoroughly before they buy. I've talked to HQ and the staff are not dummies. They impressed the heck out of me.

Captain_Obvious
Explorer
Explorer
From the pictures, the charge controller looks like a Xantrex C35 35A, 12/24V PWM Charge Controller.

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
CLICKY TO COSTCO SOLAR PACKAGE
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

mena661
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like a good price. The only unknown is the solar charge controller.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know much about Solar but, the Costco unit seems like a decent price (and hopefully better quality) than the Harbor Freight Solar Panel.

westend
Explorer
Explorer
The inverter looks just like my 1000W Xantrex prowatt. The charge controller won't handle three modules in series but reading between the lines in the manual, it may be MPPT flavor.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

There are not many details on the charge controller. I'd probably forgo the inverter and use a different controller.

I like the panels.

http://www.costco.com/.product.100054656.html?cm_sp=RichRelevance-_-itempageVerticalRight-_-Category...
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.