Explorer
Search Term For Amazon...

High Sensitivity LM393 1CH Thermistor Temperature Sensor Module
by Gino
6 REPLIES 6

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Ever hear a professor scream? When ours determined someone in class rendered a value in Fahrenheit it was like we stabbed him. But nevertheless quipping "Wow! It feels like it's thirty-seven-point-eight, today" does not seem to carry the weight equal to "Wow! It's a hundred!"

But for energy kilowatt hours or fractions thereof is the only way to go. "My battery bank was discharged to 12.10 volts and it was charged 12.16 kWh today" tells me everything (useful when the size of the bank is known)" By rendering data in kWh, factoring in inverter percentage efficiency, and charge efficiency factor (CEF) genuine energy estimates can be generated. X-out and X-in.

Apply equal loads to 2 different chemistry electrical storage devices. Starting at a value of 13.00 volts. Discharge exactly 100 ampere hours from each. But battery a) delivered .939 kWh but battery b) delivered .706 kWh. Hey they both delivered "100 amp hours" what happened? Both are supposedly equal in "amp hour capacity". What is your summation? You're already chuckling, now the kicker is stated: Both batteries end up at 12.00 volts.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
For those who do not know what 40 C is

if it's -40 C well that's also -40 F (but I do not think Mex was talking about -)

But if it's +40 C 104 F if I did the math right.

By the way, Did you know your body is Metric? Yup, 98.6 F converted to C is an integer (no point digit). 37C

(double checked the math.. Brain still functioning properly).
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
REMOTE TEMPERATURE MONITORING An alarm. When it's 40C down here and I need to charge batteries, I want an ALARM when case temperatures reach 50C. If a charger reaches 65C I want an alarm to scream, not just a gauge. This sending unit got me thinking that a 5-satellite alarm system would be inexpensive. Cheap and easy to build. When my toad or rig radiator gets too hot I want an ALARM not a doggone needle or numbers to hover over. BEEEEEEEEP!!! Respond or lose lots of money.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
What in the world are you all talking about?

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Like a battery, or component.

Harvard
Explorer
Explorer
It looks like it has a Discrete Output (DO) that toggles at an adjustable temperature set point (the pot). Good for temperature alarms or other switching applications.