cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Under trailer storage tubes

Vintage465
Nomad
Nomad
So in my smaller trailer, 2015 Creek Side 20fq, I am struggling to get everything situated. I didn't have a good place for my lawn (astro-turf) so I decided to go the rout of putting a 6" conduit across the trailer that has the "kit" installed with cap on the end and a latchable-lockable door on the access end. Then I got the bright idea to put the collapse-able chairs in an 8" version. So I have everything set up and started looking at how low that dude hangs. It's not as low as the axles, but hmmmmmmm. My trailer is pretty high with the offroad type chassis and I am sure just buzzing down the highway everything would be fine. Occasionally we take a jaunt off the pavement aways, but we never really go off-roading like real tight twisty ups and downs.
Wondering if anyone has strapped something like this under their rig and what your luck has been...........

Thanks,
V-465
2013 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali. 2015 CreekSide 20fq w/450 watts solar and 465 amp/hour of batteries. Retired and living the dream!
3 REPLIES 3

chinook507
Explorer
Explorer
I put one acrossed my tongue up against the camper that I use for holding the weight distribution bars and sway control bar.
2001 Excursion V10
2013 Keystone Cougar
1997 Kawasaki 1100STX Jet Ski
1991 Kawasaki Bayou 300 4X4
1989 Kawasaki Bayou 220
1989 Kawasaki Bayou 220 2X4

Vintage465
Nomad
Nomad
corvettekent wrote:
If they are close to the axle you should be fine. Maybe you could put one above the rear bumper.

Thanks for the info. That would be quite the job to get it above the rear bumper as I already used that bit of real estate for a couple tool boxes and the spare tire.
V-465
2013 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali. 2015 CreekSide 20fq w/450 watts solar and 465 amp/hour of batteries. Retired and living the dream!

corvettekent
Explorer
Explorer
If they are close to the axle you should be fine. Maybe you could put one above the rear bumper.
2022 Silverado 3500 High Country CC/LB, SRW, L5P. B&W Companion Hitch with pucks. Hadley air horns.

2004 32' Carriage 5th wheel. 860 watts of solar MPPT, two SOK 206 ah LiFePO4 batteries. Samlex 2,000 watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter.