Explorer
My enthusiasm for the "future" peaks at "semi defrosted"

WHERE

Is

The

Vastly

Improved

Insulation

This is yet another half-baked self-serving PR rich yadda. Given a choice between a short-range logistically challenged recreational vehicle OR a modern technology internal combustion engine vehicle with state of the art economy, the Duracell model loses.

Why?

With proper insulation an RV will consume <10% of the energy of a conventional RV. The more deviant the environment the more the savings. Most of the energy east of the Rocky Mountains comes from COAL FIRED plants which in comparison to gasoline or diesel is HIDEOUS as far as emissions are concerned.

In this utterly schizophrenic society, insulation standards are abandoned in favor of buzzwords like "Solar". Look at the energy percentage of solar for your area. Now imagine strict building code and vehicle standards for R values. Try imagining an 80% reduction in hotel energy use.

This is how I know for a fact I am not blowing hot air...

I build convection plywood cabinets for my home refrigerator freezers. And or use a 120 mm 1 watt fan to enhance condenser radiation. A reduction from 65 kWh to 22.5 kWh is not my imagination. I use natural convection enhanced with slight air movement to save SIXTY-SIX percent on just that one item alone. Closed cell foam is good but not the best insulation to use for a home or motor vehicle. Given the impetus of tax credits and location incentives the manufacture of VACUUM PANEL insulation renders a factor of one inch versus eight inches of closed cell foam. A 5,000 BTU air conditioner to equal a 15,000 BTU unit...do not laugh -- open your power bill envelope. And vacuum panels ARE RECOVERABLE for RV's.

I sneer at hypocrisy. While the price of petroleum products has launched into orbit, millions of barrels of USA refined products are headed to the other hemisphere.

As Steve Martin used to bellow
"Well, EXCUUUUUSE ME!" for not becoming hypnotized with the thought of electric motor vehicles.

Electric motor vehicles are a MUST

Right after we solve of the problem of 10x18 British Thermal Units of power being harmfully radiated into our atmosphere. Without purpose. Uselessly. Carelessly. Criminal.
39 REPLIES 39

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
MEXICOWANDERER wrote:
... BTW I refuse to be obnoxious toward a poster. It is low class. ๐Ÿ™‚
Sorry, you lose on that one, you're constantly obnoxious and condescending towards almost everyone, but maybe you just don't see it.

I knew I should just listen to myself and ignore those posts that are blatant trolls, but guess sometimes it just happens when too many buttons get pushed.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
rk911 wrote:
:h
this.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
โ€œInvalid Topc or ID enteredโ€.

Thatโ€™s Metric for the old telephone companyโ€™s line........

โ€œHave I reached the party to whom I am speaking?โ€

Clicky-clicky.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Poor Mexico

So far from God

So close to the United States

is a classic expression that is over 80 years old.

The problem is I cannot escape it. I vote state and federal and I hope you and every other reader does the same. Not only do I vote I vote in BOTH countries. When a response deals with the poster instead of the issues posted -- they lose. A forfeit. BTW I refuse to be obnoxious toward a poster. It is low class. ๐Ÿ™‚

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
Wow, what would we do without these pithy, okay far-from-pithy, diatribes by someone who doesn't even live in the country. Don't live here, don't complain about out LEADERSHIP. Want to complain, live here and do something about it. Otherwise just STFU about it. Or get some cheese to go with that whine.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Yes but some algorithm dated 1994 in the server's programming has decided after six minutes composing outside the country means it is spam. Have waited overnight, re-booted the computer it does not matter. With or without formatting.

For research I went to UC Berkeley in 1999. Found approx 80% of the students to be oriental on the quad speaking Wu. When I asked directions in Wu to get to the physics lab the group squealed in delight. Jeez I can only hope they were Taiwanese.

Colleges and Universities: A SUPERB resource for purchasing used or surplus gear.

2oldman: Pahrump
In the film Mars Attacks!, Martians land in Pahrump and announce they have "come in peace", but soon kill most of the humans gathered there.

My comments in this insertion regard the twisted / manipulated logic of the American mindset. Build a port well inland and discover too late a ship's canal would be prohibitive. This country lacks administrative and business LEADERSHIP to do anything but wallow in psychosis.

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
" Invalid Topic or ID entered "

I found this message when I had two sessions open.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
wtf
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
:h
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

Almot
Explorer III
Explorer III
Changes should begin somewhere at elementary school level, but I don't see this happening any time soon in the great Land of the Stuff and neighbors to the North.

Average Joe doesn't know horizontal from vertical - no kidding, people don't remember what is what. "Horizon"... doesn't ring any bells?... Nope... Multiplication table - don't even ask.