cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Just got a great new DMM

msiminoff
Explorer II
Explorer II
Caveat: I am not affiliated with the Moshim company or their product in any way, shape, or form... I'm just a happy customer and wanted to share my experience.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I recently read an article about the Mooshimeter and couldn't resist buying one. I figured the rest of you tech' nerds my find it interesting too...
Mooshimeter is a true RMS, high-resolution, multi-channel, digital multi-meter that transmits data to a smartphone or tablet via Bluetooth. It also has the ability to log data to an internal (up 32Gb) microSD card so measurements can be taken over an extended period of time. Here are a few pic's and screen-grabs.

The Mooshimeter comes in handy carrying case and includes 3 test probes (plus alligator clip accessories)

The three (plus common) shrouded banana terminals allow any two channels (voltage, current, or resistance) to be monitored simultaneously.

The Mooshimeter offers a higher resolution display than my (calibrated) Fluke 87.
FYI; Voltage shown is my house battery bank at 87% SOC, 12V compressor fridge running, and no sun on the solar panels yet this am

This is a screen-grab on ~8-second graph of the same house battery voltage measurement.

Right now the only thing the I wish the iOS Mooshimeter app' could do, but doesn't is display temperature from a K-type thermocouple. Of course it can display the thermocouple's voltage in mV, but it doesn't yet display the temperature in ยบC or F. The company has said that this will be implemented in a future release of the app'.

Cheers,
-Mark
'04 Alpenlite Saratoga 935, 328W of solar, 300Ah Odyssey batt's, Trimetric, Prosine 2.0
05 Ram3500, Cummins,Vision 19.5 w/M729F's, Dynatrac Hubs, RR airbags w/ping tanks, Superhitch, Roadmaster Swaybar, Rancho RS9000XL
The Overlhander Blog
16 REPLIES 16

ryanw821
Explorer
Explorer
That looks pretty darn nifty, with the right software that could be a complete wireless battery monitoring system in an RV ๐Ÿ˜‰

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for that- looks like a very handy gadget!
-- Chris Bryant