cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Keystone Key TV Issues

T4Bama
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone out there familiar with this system? I have Dish satellite and followed the Key TV hook up instructions to the letter. No signal. I then connected the coax straight from the satellite to the receiver and it worked. So, is the system bad or do I need other equipment compatible to Key TV. HELP?!
2 REPLIES 2

Itakethe5th2011
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Keystone Sprinter that has both cable and satellite hook up outside. When I tried hooking my Direct Tv dish to the out side connection and then connect the receiver inside, it would not work. Like you. if I connect dish to receiver directly it worked fine. I then using a ohm meter, checked the cable that runs thru the trailer. It had a direct short. Somewhere during construction the cable was damaged. I checked the cable as best I could with no luck. My dealer was 1500 miles away and Keystone dealers here, either would not work on it or said it would be months before repairs could be made. ( that's the problem with buying over the internet). I bought a exterior cable cover and drilled thru the side of the trailer, sealed it good and ran a new cable behind fireplace and up to Satellite box.

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
The dish has to stay connected to the receiver. Put whatever it is you got after the dish receiver.