Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

LED comparrison

Horizon170
Explorer
Explorer
I know that Candlepower is outdated but could you tell me how much THIS
lights up inside a camper compared to an 1157?
Thanks
Marvin

2010 Coachman Freelander 22TB on a
2008 Sprinter/Freightliner chassis
1995 Geo Tracker (Toad)
18 REPLIES 18

westend
Explorer
Explorer
I think it would be about equivalent to the bulb it replaces. Note: this LED lamp comes with a regulator circuit that may cause some electrical interference to some radios and TV's.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

Almot
Explorer III
Explorer III
Amazon these days is a new Ebay, only more expensive. Typically, on Ebay this board costs $5 each, or $10 for a pack of 4-6. Amazon item is different from Ebay boards not in quality (hard to believe in this), but in that it has plastic cover that goes around the back and rigid-mounted 1156 connector, while Ebay boards are self-adhesive with 1156 male connector on pigtail. I am not sure that plastic cover is better though. Contrary to what seller says, there is quite a bit of heat from boards of that size.

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
You generally get what you pay for in LEDs.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

Almot
Explorer III
Explorer III
Assuming we can trust this information - fly by night Chinese maker definitely should be trusted, right? ๐Ÿ™‚ - 250 lumens is the same or slightly brighter than incandescent 20W RV bulb. It can also be yellow-er or pink-er, or blue-er, or it can have 1/10 of advertised brightness. Happened many times. This is why people here prefer not to pay more than $1 or 2 a pop. Check Ebay for SMD 48.