cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Magnum remote fault

Land_Yachters
Explorer
Explorer
ME-RC50 remote, Onan8K genny. During power outage here in Texas, I wanted to test Auto Generator Start/AGS starting based on battery volts. Set the AGS up on the Magnum remote and sure enough, it kicked on when it should have...Yea! Then it turned off after 2 min or so, then started up again, then turned off and started again. OK, I disabled AGS and just started genny and it was fine BUT the red fault light is blinking with Fault Test. I shut everything down and disconnected power and plugged in and red fault light will not stop flashing. No other symptom. Everything seems to work fine. Green led Inverter light in basement is blinking as it should while inverting. I found Fault test is the 02 part of AGS set up but can't get it out.

Help? Operator error?
Land Yachters
Griff, Ali and Coco
Philadelphia, PA
2018 Tiffin 33AA
2018 Grand Cherokee
3 REPLIES 3

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Land Yachters,

So what is the procedure for a soft reset?
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Land_Yachters
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for the suggestions. I wound up calling Magnum and the tech just said to do a soft reset, which cleared the fault. Still unsure of what it was. Tech said reset usually works.
Land Yachters
Griff, Ali and Coco
Philadelphia, PA
2018 Tiffin 33AA
2018 Grand Cherokee

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Disconnect the remote from the inverter.

Wait ten minutes with the power off to the inverter.

Now manually turn ON the inverter without the batteries connected.

Finally reconnect the remote, manually turn the inverter off, and restore battery power.

Turn the inverter back on, but first, cross your fingers, and pray to the inverter Gods.

If the Magnum is not under warranty and you truly need auto start generator, move to Victron.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.