cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Measuring for a new stove

swimmer_spe
Explorer
Explorer
A trailer I own needs a new stove as I cannot get the oven valve for it. So, I have an older one from and older trailer. Where do I measure to find out whether the older one will fit, or do I need to effectively go almost to pulling it out to find out?
3 REPLIES 3

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
The oven control failed on our Atwood/Wedgewood Vision range with no direct replacement available. I found a complete replacement manifold/valve assembly and oven burner from a newer model that fit right in with just minimal modification. We've been very pleased with performance and stable temps since it modulates the burner flame instead of just switching it on and off. I found the parts on eBay that had been removed from a damaged new unit, and local dealers may also have something suitable.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

swimmer_spe
Explorer
Explorer
DrewE wrote:
The sizes are pretty well standardized, at least for the past two or three decades, with about two or so different heights of the oven compartment. If they look about the same size and shape, chances are very good they're the same nominal size and you should not have much trouble with the exchange. It may take a little bit of trimming and/or shimming of the cabinetry around the mounting, and maybe also some adjustment to where the gas line is routed as the connection points vary a bit on different stoves.

Typically there are about six or eight screws holding the range into the RV, along the top edge and the sides or bottom of the oven door frame. It's not a terribly difficult job to remove or install one. I had to replace mine not too long ago (for much the same reason), and the hardest and longest part of the process was repairing the cabinetry beside and behind the range that I discovered was starting to pull apart and generally needed a bit of remediaton and reinforcement.

Current trailer is a 1999. Old trailer was a 1985....

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
The sizes are pretty well standardized, at least for the past two or three decades, with about two or so different heights of the oven compartment. If they look about the same size and shape, chances are very good they're the same nominal size and you should not have much trouble with the exchange. It may take a little bit of trimming and/or shimming of the cabinetry around the mounting, and maybe also some adjustment to where the gas line is routed as the connection points vary a bit on different stoves.

Typically there are about six or eight screws holding the range into the RV, along the top edge and the sides or bottom of the oven door frame. It's not a terribly difficult job to remove or install one. I had to replace mine not too long ago (for much the same reason), and the hardest and longest part of the process was repairing the cabinetry beside and behind the range that I discovered was starting to pull apart and generally needed a bit of remediaton and reinforcement.