cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

NORCOLD FRIG RECALL?? (Update)

M_GO_BLUE1
Explorer
Explorer
Just noticed the smell of propane when our NORCOLD frig is on propane...but the propane alarm does not go off...smell is inside RV and I have checked all the outside gas lines

Taking it into dealer as soon as we can but any ideas what it might be??? Seem to start right after we got a propane bottle refilled...

2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 dually CC/LB Duramax/Allison

2008 Jayco Designer 35RLTS fifth wheel

Onan 5500W Marquis Gold gas generator (HGJAB - 1038D)

2 REPLIES 2

M_GO_BLUE1
Explorer
Explorer
Just had a talk with the Norcold recall phone line number concerning our refrigerator...

I initially thought, according to the Norcold recall website, that our refrigerator may be part of the recall I was told it was not...if it may help others our RV is a 2008 model with the Norcold model #N821-FLT and the colling unit number is 10890312...

This started when we ran the frig on propane and noticed a smell inside the fifth wheel when we arrived 3 hours later...definitely smelled and thought it was propane leaking (smells like a rotting corpse and tends to irritate your nostrils, etc.) but the propane alarm never tripped - so this made me thinking it may be ammonia leaking???

Finishing up out trip and will take in this Monday to dealer but in the mean time not going to use it this weekend (turned off and unplugged from electrical) until we find out what is wrong....everything else is working in the trailer just fine including the WH and stove

M_GO_BLUE1
Explorer
Explorer
Never mind...I think I found it on the recall list for NORCOLD...frig had to of been built in 2007 as we have a 2008 fifth wheel