OK! Uncle! I Give Up! Switch Sourcing Frustration

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
  • Must have minimum 1/2" threaded shaft for thick panel
  • 120 VAC 10 amp rated
  • Double pole
  • 4Positions or more
  • No, I do not have thirty dollars to spend on a switch.

Would like a nice pointer dial. And the switch must have an extra pole to serve for no connection - OFF.

Dual pole is because many outlets (receptacles) down here are wired backward.
21 REPLIES 21

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you Vixen21 - yes indeedy - thanks to Mr Wizard the switches will be on their way to Chula Vista manana. I like the two index pegs! They'll keep the switch from rotating when twisting the "rooster beak" knob. The power supply agreement fell apart. The guy wanted $18 to USPS the units from Oregon. Checked USPS rates online and rate came out to six dollars and change. He didn't want to part with 33-dollars in pumped up shipping charges.

I've got a lot of small packages waiting for me next month in Chula Vista. Lots of surge suppression components. Found 2-amp Pico fuses for the avalanche diodes and MOVs. I just cannot believe companies do not use redundant components in hyper expensive equipment. Pianotuna and Niner are both promised genuine spike clampers with gas discharge tube protection against nearby lightning. Whole rig protection.

Vixen21
Explorer
Explorer
I think Mex said he was ordering the switch (in another thread)

MrWizard
Bump
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

MrWizard

rotary 6 position 10 amp
I can explain it to you.

1997 F53 Bounder 36s

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Still no joy on the switch. There is a dearth of 10-amp rotary switches. Even 300-dollar shore power changeovers have only three positions.

MrWizard
MEXICOWANDERER wrote:
I want to post this separately. Thank you Mr Wizard

your welcome.. glad to be of help
I can explain it to you.

1997 F53 Bounder 36s

NinerBikes
Explorer
Explorer
Mexicowanderer, you should see if someone would donate you an Unlocked Verizon Galaxy S4. It comes with a bigger battery, bettery chip, it can be used in International mode, both GSM and CDMA technology by phone companies, and it has a 2 amp charger and charges in an hour to hour and a half, in full. Get a extended run fat back battery for it, 7200mah, and you should have no problems getting through the day with one charge. It also has a bigger screen.

A rooted phone with a custom Kernel and Custom hacked ROM would be even better.

Go look up your phone model on XDAdeveloper

Learn about Android.

S2 extended run batteries

Naio
Explorer
Explorer
If you are having to recharge your phone multiple times daily you might try a new phone battery. They are usually 99 cents including shipping on ebay. Plus then you have a spare.

I am glad Niner sent you a phone :).
3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
OFF
FLOAT MAINTAIN ONLY
CHARGER only TIMED BY WIND UP TIMER
CHARGER TIMED THEN DEFAULT TO FLOAT until switched to off.

Daily use I want Jesus to use charger only. Not disconnect leads when float can spark. The float only is for my Lifelines. Charger timed then default to float is for obvious use. Kid has a 6th grade education is intelligent as all get-out but this isn't the simplist charger to deal with. I want this swtch to be a No Touchee switch. Plug in the unit with the switch pre-set for his boat 27 flooded marine battery. I'll take the 7.39 seconds to dial-in 14.8 volts before he takes it down to his 26' "lancha". He is a diver and only travels for 2-3 miles. Bright lights aboard for night lobster diving. Little by little I'll teach him to Top Charge and Equalize. An LTH Ciclando Profundo group 27 costs eqvt of 172 dollars down here. Plus a 100-mile drive.

The only way I come up with a reasonably price switch is a 10- amp rotary dual pole five position long necked switch. Blue Seas has one for 271-dollars. I'll go get it and toss it into the glove compartment of the Bentley.

MrWizard
will this work 4pdt center off , 12 connections , 10 amps

4.P.D.T., Center-off toggle switch. Standard 11/16" long bat handle, 15/32" threaded bushing mount. Rated 10A/250Vac, 15A/125Vac. Screw terminals.

it is a Hair Shy of 1/2 inch maybe grind the mounting plate of the BORG just a hair where the nut will screw on

4pDt 10a toggle switch

$3.85 each

at my favorite hobby parts store .. AllElectronics
I can explain it to you.

1997 F53 Bounder 36s

Vixen21
Explorer
Explorer
On My Galaxy S3, to close running apps I would go to Settings, scroll down to apps, hit apps, then my choices are "Downloaded" or "Running" or "all" apps, I choose "Running" apps and then tap each app I want to close, the specific app comes up and then I hit Stop and then do the same for all the other apps I want to close until they don't come up as running anymore.
The Photobucket app should work well for you as Niner has suggested.

NinerBikes
Explorer
Explorer
MEXICOWANDERER wrote:
'When I figger out how to SMART digital upload digitalis photoptlistics from 9'ers toosmartforme menu driven masterpiece I can deliver optical illusions for all.

When a person purchases ANY software driven device these days 99.97% of the digital garbage program overload is never used by us neanderthals.

But that phone screen offers a HUGE keypad and the sound with earphones is phenomenal. Watch a movie on a two inch screen? Yeah that'll happen when I start using inch square toilet paper. I love it - the phones have so much garbage running, "mobile" means four recharges in a work day. ADD THEM APPS!

Close those apps down when not in use, do a Google search on Android, "how to close apps running in the backround.. Generally, you can press the "home" button , it will show all the apps running, then look if it's menu driven, or if you have to put your finger on the X in the upper left corner of the app, or just slide your finger on the app sideways to wipe it off the screen to shut down.

Google is your friend.

PhotoBucket app will allow you to upload photos off your phone memory onto their storage server, and then provide a copy and past url feature per photo, when browsing. You can find PhotoBucket on Play store.