cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Onan 2800 Bogging Down

Its_Hondo
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Onan 2800 Microlite Genset in my 2005 Jamboree 22B.

It starts and runs fine, and without any real load the output is a steady.

But if I turn on the roof AC or the microwave, the genset bogs down, the voltage drops and then the surge suppressor disconnects the genset output from the electrical system. At that point the genset ramps back up to idle and the suppressor resets.

I do have the Onan service manual and have tried to adjust the mixture without it having any effect on operation. When the mixture (Main Adjustment Screw) is turned it does not effect the engine running condition.

Here is a pic of the carb diagram-

Notice the middle "idle adjustment screw" - mine does not have one or it is under that small silver cap-

I have removed the fuel filter as I have no idea if it is clogged and starving the carb of fuel. I'll swap it out as it's an easy thing to do & might be the cause.

If anyone has any recommendations I sure would appreciate it.
2005 Fleetwood Jamboree 22B
3 REPLIES 3

MrWizard
Moved from technology corner
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

Its_Hondo
Explorer
Explorer
IAMICHABOD wrote:
Hey Hondo
You may get better response over Here, Tech Issues they are more into generators and stuff there.:B

Yeah, I saw that I posted in the wrong forum and asked a Mod to move it there.

Also, I solved the issue by changing out the inline fuel filter with one from O"Reileys Auto Parts for a whopping $4.29. The filter that was previously installed must have been starving the engine of fuel.

I had no problem running both the AC and the microwave alone & together, voltage dropped to 107 VAC.

๐Ÿ™‚
2005 Fleetwood Jamboree 22B

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hey Hondo
You may get better response over Here, Tech Issues they are more into generators and stuff there.:B
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C