cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Propane tank replacement options?

mcewena
Explorer
Explorer
My 2006 era Manchester side mounted tank (86157) is at end of life. It won’t pass a recertification. Just wondering what my options are for replacement. Similar sized tanks on the interweb aren’t cheap and the mounting attachments look different as well. Some have suggested replacing it with a pair of 20lb bbq tanks but I’m concerned about the angle and and I’d have to have a bracket fabricated.

2007 Winnebago View.

Thks
20 REPLIES 20

mcewena
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch_12078 wrote:
A rack fabricated to hold two or three 20 lb BBQ cylinders upright could work using an automatic switchover regulator setup.

Can they be used/stored/transported on their side or 45 degrees?

mcewena
Explorer
Explorer
dougrainer wrote:
USA ASME tanks are not required for certification. Are you POSITIVE, that Canada requires ASME certification and not just DOT portable tanks which DO require recertification? Doug

I’m positive that some fill stations won’t fill my tank. That’s what matters in the long run.

Canadian regulations are hard to pin down but I talked to a local propane recertifier and he said he probably wouldn’t pass mine due to the rust so I know I’m on borrowed time with it.

mcewena
Explorer
Explorer
IB853347201 wrote:
Have you contacted Winnebago? you can probably order a replacement tank thru them.

Yes and it’s north of $2k, that’s why I’m looking for options.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
USA ASME tanks are not required for certification. Are you POSITIVE, that Canada requires ASME certification and not just DOT portable tanks which DO require recertification? Doug

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
A rack fabricated to hold two or three 20 lb BBQ cylinders upright could work using an automatic switchover regulator setup.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
Have you contacted Winnebago? you can probably order a replacement tank thru them.
2010 Suncruiser