cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Question about house battery's

Dmbaker07
Explorer
Explorer
Hello everyone, I had the camper out for the first trip of the season and ran into a few electrical issues. First many outlets did not work, I found that a breaker was tripped but tripped instantly if flipped back on. Since it had 2 hot wires going into it, I tried each one separately and found that 1 caused it and the other had no problems. After this everything worked, I am just not sure what that wire was feeding since I cannot find anything off now and it was marked "general purpose:. The issue I still have and possibly unrelated was low power. Even when I am plugged into shore power, if my furnace kicked on, I would get a Lowe power alarm on the refrigerator and my lights would be extremely dim. Even if I switched to LP for the refrigerator it would not work unless I started the motorhome. I am hoping it is just a bad house battery, but would that have this effect even when plugged in to shore power? I had it tested at a parts store on the way home and it did say replace ( had 330 CCA rated for 600). The battery is 4 years old. Any input would be greatly appreciated
15 REPLIES 15

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
Since when you are plugged into shore power your 12 volt stuff (fridge etc) is run of a built in converter my initial guess is that the wire you have that tripped the breaker went to the converter that supplies 12 volt to the rig. Now you are running only off battery.
My guess bad converter
Traveling with my best friend my wife!