cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

radio w/backup camera

whitleybobcat
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2016 thor chatuea ford e450....radio only works when hooked up to shore power....unit does not word while driving..so backup camera doesn't work...could this be a problem with my house battery....Im a greenhorn!!!! tks
7 REPLIES 7

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
Glad to hear it's fixed; those sorts of problems can sometimes be devilishly tricky to find.

If the shorted wire was one of the control wires for the battery disconnect solenoid, the dead solenoid was quite possibly collateral damage from the shorted wire. Those latching disconnect solenoid switches are definitely not designed to have the coil energized continually.

whitleybobcat
Explorer
Explorer
problem fixed.....shorted wire and bad battery disconnect solenoid...thanks for all the help

whitleybobcat
Explorer
Explorer
I'd like to thank you all for your input...voltage to battery fm pwr converter good....need to work my way back to converter with pwr off...will keep all informed.

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
Perhaps your house battery master switch is turned off. It's generally a momentary rocker switch near the entrance door; pressing one side connects it, the other disconnects it.

Moved from Forum Technical Support

Dave_in_TN
Nomad
Nomad
*duplicate post*
Dave & Christy / 5 Awesome Girls (28,26,24, 18 and 16)
2021 Grand Design Solitude 378MBS
2019 Ford F-350 SRW 6.7

Dave_in_TN
Nomad
Nomad
Is it possible you have a rocker switch on the dash that switches the radio on/off from chassis battery? My Winnebagos have had this feature.
Dave & Christy / 5 Awesome Girls (28,26,24, 18 and 16)
2021 Grand Design Solitude 378MBS
2019 Ford F-350 SRW 6.7