Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REDARC Manager30 Battery Management System

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
Just saw this on etrailer.com

Redarc’s come out with a new battery management system, and it looks impressive. Pretty impressive price too, but it operates like 6 products in 1 - DC-DC battery charger, 110-volt battery charger, MPPT solar regulator, battery isolator, load disconnect controller, and remote battery monitor.

It’s a bit more than I need in my TC, but it might be just what someone else is looking for.

A couple of points that might get your attention:

Includes lithium profile to let you charge lithium iron phosphate (LiFePO4) batteries as well as traditional lead acid, gel, calcium, and absorbed glass mat (AGM) batteries.

The battery sensor monitors current, voltage and temperature of the house batteries.

LINK

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 ‘Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam types………..Let’s Go Brandon!!!
4 REPLIES 4

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
I know, it’s hard to compete with projectile vomiting and other unsavory bodily functions.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Do batteries get giardia?

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, I looked briefly at Samlex when I was looking for a DC-DC charger, and it didn’t look like they had anything I could use. That appears to still be the case.

As for the other members who looked looked at this topic but have remained silent up to now, is it the price? It is a lot, but good battery chargers, solar controllers, isolators, etc aren’t cheap either. I think the fact that it monitors the battery temperature and compensates for it is awesome. I thought that’s what all the off-grid full timers wanted.

Or maybe you’re too busy discussing the perils drinking lake water. :W

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
I chatted with the folk from Samlex about their Evolution Series inverter/charger/transfer switch . While they do have an input for a solar charger controller, that is external. They do NOT have an input for DC charging (power from the vehicle), which I think limits their product line.