cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Samlex Charger PDF Instruction Manual Is Priceless

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.samlexamerica.com/documents/manuals/11001-SEC-1280-2440UL-0616_Lrez.pdf

This is a company that understands what it is trying to accomplish. The charger itself is pricey. But like the inverters they sell there are very few complaints about Samlex inverters.

This PDF is worth the read even if purchase is not in the forecast. It serves as an example of what to demand from a company posing as a battery charging "source of information".

I noted the SEC-1280UL offers just about a perfect charge profile for the Lifeline battery.

Ouch, the price, at least for me. But then again this charger has TWO separate outputs the 2nd being ideal for the chassis battery.

There are enough graphs and tech information even for

BFL13

๐Ÿ™‚
8 REPLIES 8

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Better Price $470.00 No tax -free shipping

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
CHEAP -EXPENSIVE
That's not where it's at in my book

VALUE VALUE VALUE
If this charger is working great as your kids pass it on to your grand kids, it's worth it. A $25.00 charger that lasts six months, isn't worth snot.

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
David .... I'm really surprised that you would think highly of something that expensive. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Seriously though - the SEC-1280UL version really looks like a great charger. I notice that it has a half-power mode, which might throttle it down enough to make it just right for my little red EX650 to power.
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Note Overlooked

This charger has adjustable LENGTH OF ABSORBSION time. This is at least a jump upward from guesswork smart chargers. And thermistor temp compensation.

But the role of this critter best fits the one of Automatic Battery Charger, and not a converter. The phrase smart converter is an oxymoron

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
David ... thanks for the link to Samlex chargers. I didn't know that they made chargers. I have used one of their inverters in our RV for years and it has been very reliable and quiet when running.

For what it's worth, this is the go-to publication for me on VRLA ("AGM") battery charging: http://www.cdtechno.com/pdf/ref/41_2128_0212.pdf
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
The reduced bulk voltage is interesting.

About the same effect as just having a 64 amp charger instead of 80.
Not exactly but still similar. I have often said to just slow it down a bit for better charging. This seems like confirmation.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Don I look at it this way...

Like an inverter microwave, the charger could see usage with a 50% power rated generator.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

It appears that in 1/2 power mode you would not over load the charger portion of the unit?
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.