cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sealand Toilet Smell

gmctoyman
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Sealand 511 toilet, 2003. Wouldn't hold water in the bowl, so before I left home headed for Alaska I ordered a new and improved seal set. The new and improved, had a hard plastic top piece, the bottom soft rubber seal had a centering ring molded into it...much easier installation, but it didn't work. The hard plastic was slightly large and wouldn't fit the recess in the base. In Anchorage, found a new seal set, old design with 2 soft rubber pieces. Installed it and stopped the leaks. After a few days started getting a STRONG urine smell. Found out by the internet that the toilet design changed in 2001 & didn't have the overflow hole. New gasket sets don't have an overflow hole. The original base has the hole.
What is the purpose of the overflow hole, if the new toilets don't have it ? Since the overflow hole is off center on tthe circumference, can I just flop the old design gasket set and cover the hole, as it appears the new set does ?
Dave W. AKA "Toyman"
KE5GOH - On 146.52
RV's ? What RV's ???
Apache Pop-up
Classic GMC Motorhome
07 Leisure Travel Sprinter
Do Boats Count ?
2 REPLIES 2

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Does your OLD Sealand have the 2 upper overflow holes in the bowl? If so, then Sealand has 2 plastic plugs with Butyl that you install the plugs to seal the bowl and prevent odors. I believe they will still send them out for free. If not, just find some type of plug to seal off those 2 holes. Doug

MWJones
Explorer
Explorer
Can't answer your question, BUT maybe it is time for a new toilet, don't you think???
Enjoy Alaska. We did in 2015.
Take the Fox Island/Resurection Bay (ask about the name)cruise out of Seward.
It is south of Anchorage.
M Jones
American and Texan by birth
Christian by the Grace of God
Retired and enjoying Traveling and Camping
Spending part of summers in South Fork, Co