cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Replacement Toilet Recommendations

GaryS1953
Explorer
Explorer
Hi All - A few years ago we had to replace the Theftford Aquamagic 3 toilet that was in our camper when we got it. We replaced it with a Aquamagic 4. Lately we are getting occasional leaking around the toilet, and a persistent bad odor. I'm thinking I need to replace the seal around the base, kind of a (I'm sorry) crappy job. Since I have to remove the toilet to do this I'm thinking maybe I should look into a replacement toilet as DW has ALWAYS complained that this toilet is seat is higher than the previous one, and she is short. In addition, the cheap plastic the toilet is made of stains very easily, AND, there is a space below the bowl that collects solid waste on the sides and looks awful, and may be contributing to the smell. The unit was only about $140, so I guess you get what you pay for. In any case I'm looking for recommendations. Ideally it would have a ceramic bowl, better plastic exterior, have a seat around 16" from the floor, AND, doesn't have the space below the bowl that collects the smelly waste on the side. I know, a tall order. Any recommendations? Oh, and it would be nice to stay below $250 and $300. Thanks!!
Gary in Michigan
2014 Chevy Silverado 1500 Double Cab 5.3 Liter V8
1996 Coachmen Catalina RB210 21' Fifth Wheel
495 Watts Solar, 40 AMP Renogy Tracer MPPT Controller,2 GC2 6V Batts.
13 REPLIES 13

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced my Theftford Aquamagic 3 years ago with a Dometic 310 and never looked back. This has a slow close lid and it actually flushes all the way around. The weak spots the flush valve seal but it's replaceable w/o removing the toilet. Turn off water open valve, and pull seal out, reverse to install the new one. (gloves preferred)
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

vidotchis
Explorer
Explorer
oliviaolivv0101 wrote:
Good idea. I'm also thinking of replacing the toilet since mine is just old. I recently ordered new chairs and a table at a good price. I really like our RV so I want it to be comfortable. I accidentally indicated the wrong address, but fortunately I found the phone number https://bobs-discount-furniture.pissedconsumer.com/customer-service.html on the Internet. They helped to solve the problem quickly. I now have everything fine in the RV and so I decided that I need to replace the toilet for maximum comfort and beauty.

If you wanna make your toilet comfortable and neat&clean. Try Ultra-Slim Bidet on your toilet seat. It is very unnoticeable other than the handle on the side. https://bathroomer.org/best-toilet-seat-for-heavy-person/This can fit most toilets new and old-style as it attaches under your regular seat and to the water source of your current toilet. Very easy to set up and fairly quick. The operation is simple just turn the handle the farther you turn the knob the stronger the flow of water comes to your behind. Only rotate the nozzle to increase power. It has a self-cleaning mode to keep the nozzle clean from fenders as well. I did hard research on it and satisfying with it.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
jdc1 wrote:
Which one will make your wife happiest?

My wife loves our 320 with hand sprayer.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
rhagfo wrote:
Ed_Gee wrote:
Suggest looking at the Dometic 310 or 311 (shorter)

Even better is
A
Dometic 320 oval bowl, if you have the room, more room for menโ€™s equipment. A gentleman sits to pee, as when you stand you splash all over.
Also the 310 and 320 are taller and in my opinion the correct height for an adult.

Actually not good to set to pee as you donโ€™t fully drain your bladder. Have the 320 and love it.

I simply clean if needed as my aim is very good. ๐Ÿ˜‰
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

GaryS1953
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone. Maybe Iโ€™ll give a Dometic a try, though they seem about the same height as our current one. DW swears our old one was shorter AND didnโ€™t jut out into the room as far as this one does. She complains she bangs her knees on it when changing.
Gary in Michigan
2014 Chevy Silverado 1500 Double Cab 5.3 Liter V8
1996 Coachmen Catalina RB210 21' Fifth Wheel
495 Watts Solar, 40 AMP Renogy Tracer MPPT Controller,2 GC2 6V Batts.

C_Schomer
Explorer
Explorer
I put in a Dometic chair height oval ?320?. I already had put a sprayer along side it. My wifes' knees are even worse than mine and she wanted it higher so I made a 1 1/2" riser under it. We're both perfectly happy with it. Craig
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW CCLB 4wd, custom hauler bed.
2008 Sunnybrook Titan 30 RKFS Morryde and Disc brakes
WILL ROGERS NEVER MET JOE BIDEN!

valhalla360
Nomad III
Nomad III
Before you go shorter...find a stool of similar height and try to get up with your pants around your ankles.

Tammy is only 5ft and greatly prefers the taller option. Otherwise, she has to grab the sink and pull herself up.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Which one will make your wife happiest?

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Ed_Gee wrote:

Even better is
A
Dometic 320 oval bowl, if you have the room, more room for menโ€™s equipment. A gentleman sits to pee, as when you stand you splash all over.
Also the 310 and 320 are taller and in my opinion the correct height for an adult.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
I think I replaced mine with a Dometic porcalyn one. Don't remember the number but it cost around $500 and is just like one in the house + has a spray hose.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Thetford Bravera was our replacement choice.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Ed_Gee
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
We've been happy with our Thetford Aquamagic Style Plus porcelain bowl toilet since installing it in 2008. It's easy to clean and uses a standard residential toilet seat. Repairs over the years have only been the occasional replacement of the flush ball gasket, about a 20 minute job. The floor to seat height is 17-1/2 inches and the price on Amazon is about $315.

Aqua Magic Style Toilet
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate