cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Solar installers for shuttle bus in so cal??

HappyFAm450
Explorer
Explorer
Any body around Huntington Beach ca that does good solar/electrical install for a freshly gutted shuttle bus? We going to go full time with family of 4 ?? no experience AT ALL but can listen and learn
6 REPLIES 6

dedmiston
IAMICHABOD wrote:
Some of our members have had very good luck with Highwatt solar

He comes to you and is very knowledgeable and his prices are good.

I used him and he was great. His prices were fair and he did a great job.

This was one of the best upgrades we've done. With 700W of panels, I never have to bring the fiver home early to charge up and we don't use the generator much at all.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
I would start with a 48 volt house battery, and a dc to DC charger.

Another option may be a 48 volt alternator.

Solar is a one time cost.

There is a spreadsheet on the pages I sent the link to that may help calculate the battery energy needs.

It may be easier to think in watt hours rather than amp-hours. I will be upgrading my storage to at least 7 kwh.

If the shuttle bus is diesel then get a diesel generator--one with remote electric start would be excellent.

Also look at hydro hot for heating and providing hot water.

There are 48 volt DC mini split air conditioners that are much more efficient than regular roof top units.

What a wonderful project to have!
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

If you have the skill set to go from gutting an bus to a working RV then you can roll your own solar and save a LOT of money.

This website may help:

https://freecampsites.net/adding-solar/
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Try Solar Bill or Discount Solar in Quartzite, AZ. No sales tax on solar products in AZ. They will be closing at the end of March. Also, there is a solar business at Senators Wash just outside of Yuma, AZ.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Make sure install enough...panels, wire, controller and batteries...or you can add more later. Four campers can use a bunch of power.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Some of our members have had very good luck with Highwatt solar

He comes to you and is very knowledgeable and his prices are good.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C