cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Surprise Refrigerator Leak

tkcas01
Explorer
Explorer
My Norcold 1200 LRIM is in a cabinet that is between two slides. Recently I was getting some moisture next to one slide. Thought it was the slide leaking. Then when I moved to a different park, we got a rain and it seemed the other slide was leaking.

It was only after it had not rained recently and the carpet would not dry out I realized I had a different problem. I was surprised to find that the plastic tube in the back that drains the condensation from inside the fridge box had broken. So instead of draining into a little tray to evaporate, it was running down the back and/or side of the fridge. Apparently my front-to-rear level made the water run back at one park, then forward at the next.

Just really odd the plastic tube broke like it did. Nothing was hitting it. I guess it just got brittle and the way they had it routed put a little pressure on it and it finally just failed. Not sure I can get up behind there from outside to replace it.

Something to keep an eye on for older rigs I guess.
Roaming Full Timer
1 REPLY 1

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
At least it will be a cheap fix, as long as you can get to it to fix it yourself.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB