cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TORKLIFT A-7710RS Battery Box Install

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Looking at adding small Extruded Aluminum Vent strips on each side of the two cable holes shown below to give more ventilation for battery gassing. I will be mounting four each batteries in the box

Torklift Image

I will have to cut small slots in the Battery Box wall in-line with the two round cable holes. I will also be mounting a PVC Electrical Box with three 1/2-inch Cable holes on the back side around the two cable cable holes..

Have looked high and low for these kinds of vents with ATTWOOD Venturi Boat Vents. They are however too long. I need something 2-inch wide and 6-7 Inches long. I have found some stamped out stainless steel covers but would rather have the Extruded Aluminum pieces...

ATTWOOD Image

PERKO has these flat Stamped Stainless steel panels that are about 9-inches wide that should fit.

PERKO Image

Just curious if anyone has something different to use...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS
16 REPLIES 16

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks popeyemth - I just didn't see much of any vents to the outside... Guess there is more holes that I think... Does yours have two holes for cables or just one...

Mine has room for five batteries so I am thinking to have the exact middle of the box as free space... Otherwise it messes up with my battery cable lengths...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

popeyemth
Explorer
Explorer
I've got 4 six volts in mine and never had a need for more vents,no help but you might rethink ??
"wine is a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy" ben franklin