cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TT Tire Pressure

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Things were much easier before the TST monitor 🙂 Tires were up to pressure, and then they weren't!

Tire have max pressure of 60 PSI. They were at 57 when I left MI, while driving to FL got up to a max of 69. Is this acceptable while driving? Temps were just a few degrees above ambient.

One interesting point, right side tires run a touch hotter 2F over left side.
39 REPLIES 39

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
dougrainer wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:

Simply not interested in an add on monitoring system. If I have a road hazard claim it will cost me $100 insurance deductible. If I have a non road hazard GY will pay for all the damages.

Read your last sentence. NOT TRUE. They can determine tire pressure issues and age related issues. Doug

Read my words “I”.

For ME my statement is TRUE as I run proper air and do check tire temps and condition at every stop.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
dougrainer wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
dougrainer wrote:
Why do people assume they can be negligent in Tire care and then expect that "Goodyear"(or any tire maker) will pay for any damage caused by a tire problem? Goodyear and all the rest do NOT just pay your damage and tire bill, because YOU want it so. Goodyear has the right and WILL have your tire forensic checked to verify WHAT caused the tire failure. Most often it is road debris or inadequate Tire inflation. Which are NOT covered for the tire or the damage caused. Their Forensic teams are very good at determining Under and Over inflation. Doug

I assume you are addressing ME. If so why not quote SPECIFICALLY where I said GY will pay for damages for any reason. You can’t but would rather put words in my mouth.

Understand the words I wrote not the ones in your mind you think I said.

Anyone else want to have a go?

PLEASE read and understand my words before commenting.

I was NOT addressing you. But you did bring up the subject. I was letting people know that Tire Makers have a process when there is a tire failure and they just do NOT pay any claim. I get customers all the time that just expect the Tire maker to pay a total damage claim. ALWAYS keep the damaged rubber until you get the claim processed. Doug

Yes good points!
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Cummins12V98 wrote:

Simply not interested in an add on monitoring system. If I have a road hazard claim it will cost me $100 insurance deductible. If I have a non road hazard GY will pay for all the damages.

Read your last sentence. NOT TRUE. They can determine tire pressure issues and age related issues. Doug

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Cummins12V98 wrote:
dougrainer wrote:
Why do people assume they can be negligent in Tire care and then expect that "Goodyear"(or any tire maker) will pay for any damage caused by a tire problem? Goodyear and all the rest do NOT just pay your damage and tire bill, because YOU want it so. Goodyear has the right and WILL have your tire forensic checked to verify WHAT caused the tire failure. Most often it is road debris or inadequate Tire inflation. Which are NOT covered for the tire or the damage caused. Their Forensic teams are very good at determining Under and Over inflation. Doug

I assume you are addressing ME. If so why not quote SPECIFICALLY where I said GY will pay for damages for any reason. You can’t but would rather put words in my mouth.

I was NOT addressing you. But you did bring up the subject. I was letting people know that Tire Makers have a process when there is a tire failure and they just do NOT pay any claim. I get customers all the time that just expect the Tire maker to pay a total damage claim. ALWAYS keep the damaged rubber until you get the claim processed. Doug

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
fj12ryder wrote:
Lynnmor wrote:
While I don't give a hoot about someones desire to avoid safety devices, I do think it is irresponsible to suggest that action to the newcomers on this forum. Hopefully folks will see thru the nonsense and make a wise decision.

If one has an issue with a device on the dash, he could just think outside of the box and mount it anywhere it can be heard.
Perhaps, but he gave all the reasons he didn't want one, and why he felt it was un-necessary, FOR HIM. If someone meets all the criteria and understands the issues, what's the problem with his choice? Last time I checked it was a free country.

Thank you!

You and I may not always agree but I always respect what you have to say. We give reasons for why we believe the way we do.

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
Lynnmor wrote:
While I don't give a hoot about someones desire to avoid safety devices, I do think it is irresponsible to suggest that action to the newcomers on this forum. Hopefully folks will see thru the nonsense and make a wise decision.

If one has an issue with a device on the dash, he could just think outside of the box and mount it anywhere it can be heard.
Perhaps, but he gave all the reasons he didn't want one, and why he felt it was un-necessary, FOR HIM. If someone meets all the criteria and understands the issues, what's the problem with his choice? Last time I checked it was a free country.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
dougrainer wrote:

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Lynnmor wrote:

So you have a capture plate on your 5er hitch???

I gave several reasons “I” choose NOT to have TPMS on MY RV.

I was NOT trying to sway anyone what to do. Sorry to upset you.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
I guess we are both happy! Ain’t life grand.

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
You may be overreacting a bit, I don't know that "it upsets so many that i simply don't feel the need to use what they do.", no argument can be made against your desire to have a clean dash by not using a TPMS. Your preference.

It isn't the fact that you don't want a TPMS, it's the excuses and faulty reasoning you roll out to show it's cheaper to not have one. Just say you don't want one and be done with it.

If your insurance has $100 deductible, it's very likely the premiums are much more than mine. The fact that the Goodyear will pay for damage in case of a flat is figured into the much higher price of the tire. So your argument that you save money by not having a TPMS is probably not really true. I saved nearly $1000 buying Sailun tires rather than Goodyear. With part of the $1000 I bought a TPMS, which I must admit has been completely un-necessary over the last 6 years. But it gives me the warm fuzzies so I'm happy. 🙂
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
As I said why the HE!! spend the $$$ on a system when the tire maker will pay ALL expenses or my insurance will cover all but $100???

No difference in buying an add on capture plate just incase I "might" drop my RV. I have a hitch that I have supreme confidence in. If "I" drop the RV on my truck it will cost me $100.

As shown there are far more reasons than tires to be prepared for.

Amazing how it upsets so many that i simply don't feel the need to use what they do.

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Terryallan wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
That’s your choice not mine. I have a infrared gun I hit the tires with every 2-3 hours. I had just done that 15 minutes before I saw a tread strip leaving the RV. I stopped saw nothing thinking it was a bungee cord. Traveled another hour or more pulling into a campsite and noticed the tread loss. TPMS would have done nothing.

So I guess I will be saving money.

How much is your vacation time worth. And have you ever had to change what was left of a tire on the side of the road?

Guess you didn't read my earlier post.

"Not interested in cluttering my dash. I have had one tread separations that the TMPS would not have detected. That’s it never even a flat.

RVing since about 1990 always running quality tires."

I had a wheel bearing issue along CA 101 that I was fully prepared to deal with. What the HE!! did people do before all this high tech **** came along?

"Rationalization: the action of attempting to explain or justify behavior or an attitude with logical reasons, even if these are not appropriate."

Your decision to not clutter your dash is your reason for not having a TPMS. All the other excuses cited fall under "Rationalization". If you honestly felt your tires were beyond suspect, you wouldn't clutter up your basement with the necessary accoutrements to change a tire.

You carry them "just in case", which is why many people equip their vehicle with a TPMS. Relatively cheap "just in case" insurance.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"