cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Water proof sealant

esox07
Explorer
Explorer
I finally found the source of a leak we have been experiencing. There is rain entering a window from somewhere along the top and it comes in and drains out the bottom and onto the counter. I know it is coming in the top of the window seam because I put a dry rag along the top edge one day while it was raining out and leaking inside. That stopped the leak.

So, I know where to apply the sealant, but I am unsure of what brand or type of sealant I should use on it. I thought a regular silicone sealant would work, but thought that maybe there is a product specifically made for TT's and MH's.

If any one has any advice or suggestions, I am anxious to hear them.
Thanks.
Minnesota Viking fan trapped in Wisconsin
2011 KZ Sportsmen Classic 19BH
2013 Chevy Silverado 1500, Ext Cab, 5.3L Z71, 4x4
Boliy 3600si
AAA Plus RV
17 REPLIES 17

esox07
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks guys. I figured there was some special sealant made specificially for RV's and similar outdoor projects. But, then, the follow on question is: Where can you find this stuff? Will it be available at a Home Depot or Menards or would I have to look to an RV dealer and supply outfit?
Minnesota Viking fan trapped in Wisconsin
2011 KZ Sportsmen Classic 19BH
2013 Chevy Silverado 1500, Ext Cab, 5.3L Z71, 4x4
Boliy 3600si
AAA Plus RV

mbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Ditto the Dicor (non-sag) or Proflex. If you use silicone it'll eventually peel and the residue it leaves will prevent anything else from sticking.
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2650RK
2019 F250 XLT Supercab
Just DW & me......

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Don't use silicone on an RV exterior, it will degrade and eventually fail. Any of the better urethane or polymer sealants work well. A lot of folks on this Forum use Dicor or Proflex RV. I use Geocel Tripolmer construction adhesive (a cousin of Proflex RV) and it is holding up well.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton