cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What arre these? water and Thule (SOLVED)

Horizon170
Explorer
Explorer
Three water cut-offs.
The cover has "Low Water drain point. I can't find anything in the RV Manual that explains the operation of the THREE. I need to drain the Florida water and fill with Georgia water.:)

ALSO-----------this black thing is on the outside near the OVEN/Stove top. I didn't see how to remove the cover. The screws are lose and needs sealing.
Thanks,
Marvin

2010 Coachman Freelander 22TB on a
2008 Sprinter/Freightliner chassis
1995 Geo Tracker (Toad)
8 REPLIES 8

Horizon170
Explorer
Explorer
You Guys nailed it.
Thanks
Marvin

1995 Geo Tracker (Toad)

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Low point drains are for winterizing, You open them, hopefully they are at the LOWEST point in your plumbing and they drain the water out. More later.. the 3rd is likely the fresh water drain.. Same concept for the supply tank.

Now, after you open the low point drains open every valve inside the RV, Cycle the ice maker,, twice (forced cycle) and let the water drain.

Open the water pump inlet and drain it (Onto a cloth) run the pump for a mintue or two dry to clear the out line... Re-assemble

now hook up ye old air compressor, Set regulator to the city water inlet, Set regulator to 50 PSI and blow Gabriel Blow.. Several times (At least 5) Waiting between blows for at least one to two mintues (or more)

Finally close the upper valves (you may leave low point open or closed) and dump PINK in the drains and traps... If the air in those supply side lines freezes.. You won't be worried about it.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
wnjj wrote:
The Thule looks like it may be a Smart RV Anchor Pod

Remove by squeezing the ends together. See step 3 here.

Yep, Thule RV product for attaching various things to the RV.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
The Thule looks like it may be a Smart RV Anchor Pod

Remove by squeezing the ends together. See step 3 here.

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
Three valves are likely:

1) Fresh water tank
2) Cold water line
3) Hot water line

Edit: I see a previous poster crammed the answer inside the quote between the pictures so mine is a duplicate.

Horizon170
Explorer
Explorer
Trackrig wrote:
Thule makes racks - roof to racks, bike racks, ski racks, etc. To me it looks like something a previous owner installed to hold some type of rack? Since it is attached with screws, it's better to tighten, reseal and leave there probably.

I can't help on the valves.

Bill

Thanks Bill.
Marvin

1995 Geo Tracker (Toad)

grizzzman
Explorer
Explorer
Horizon170 wrote:
Three water cut-offs.
The cover has "Low Water drain point. I can't find anything in the RV Manual that explains the operation of the THREE. I need to drain the Florida water and fill with Georgia water.:)

Hot water....cold water lines...and tank drain :B

ALSO-----------this black thing is on the outside near the OVEN/Stove top. I didn't see how to remove the cover. The screws are lose and needs sealing.
Thanks,
2019 Ford F150 EcoBoost SuperCrew
2016 Rockwood Mini Lite 2504S. TM2030 SC2030
640 Watts Solar. Costco CG2 208 AH and Lifepo4 3P4S 150 AH Hybrid. ElectroDacus. Renolagy DC to DC charger. 2000 Watt Inverter.
Boondocking is my Deal

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thule makes racks - roof to racks, bike racks, ski racks, etc. To me it looks like something a previous owner installed to hold some type of rack? Since it is attached with screws, it's better to tighten, reseal and leave there probably.

I can't help on the valves.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.