cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Which Propane Adapter/Hose?

xzyHollyxyz
Explorer
Explorer
I need to go from the little disposable 1 lb. bottles to a new bulk tank (4.5 lbs.) to use 1) Coleman propane heater, 2) Camp Chef 2-burner stove, 3) Coleman lantern.

Which of these should I buy for that purpose - the one on the left or the one on the right?

Thanks.
2015 Fun Finder 189FDS
2013 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SV 4x4
13 REPLIES 13

Dakota98
Explorer
Explorer
mitch5252 wrote:
OP HERE - I could get one of those trees, right? That would work with a small bulk tank like I bought...

I think they're kind of pricey, though (the trees).

The "distribution tree" still presents the same problem, unless you buy TWO hoses, & put the lantern on the top connection.

It's not worth it. Stay with the canisters, you can put each device in the best location to suite your purposes.
I'm an expert in only one field....I believe it's somewhere in Kansas.

2000 / 22' SKYLINE NOMAD LITE
1998 DODGE DAKOTA / 5.2L= 8mpg.
2006 POLARIS ATV
1500/1200 Watt Champion generator
Yada Wireless Back Up Camera
1998 Dyna Wide Glide
USMC 68-74

red31
Explorer
Explorer
The pic is correct but the description is bogus. It does not have a flare on the appliance end nor a model 250 quick disconnect.

Blulk tank hose adapter, ACME QCC-1 to connect to 'tank' and 1x20 disposal thread to connect where the 1lb bottle goes.

A POL is left handed so one turns it counter clockwise to tighten
The ACME (green or black) turns clockwise to tighten.
http://rvbasics.com/techtips/rv-propane-tank-valves.html

xzyHollyxyz
Explorer
Explorer
pianotuna wrote:
Hi mitch,

Pricey but safe. Cheap but unreliable (fall down go BOOM). Your choice!

HUH? The tree is pricey?
I don't think I've ever seen a cheap propane tree.
2015 Fun Finder 189FDS

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi mitch,

Pricey but safe. Cheap but unreliable (fall down go BOOM). Your choice!
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

xzyHollyxyz
Explorer
Explorer
OP HERE - I could get one of those trees, right? That would work with a small bulk tank like I bought...

I think they're kind of pricey, though (the trees).
2015 Fun Finder 189FDS

Dakota98
Explorer
Explorer
mitch5252 wrote:
OP HERE. It's the Everest version of the Camp Chef stove.

I just went to Camp Chef's site and they showed this as an available bulk adapter, with the following description. Can I correctly assume the hose on the right will work with this stove (and the other appliances)?

Description
Need more propane than a one pound tank? This five foot Bulk Tank Hose Adapter will attach a bulk propane tank to a portable propane tank fitting. Perfect for attaching your Outdoor Camp Oven, MVP Sport Grill or any disposable bottle appliance to a bulk propane tank.

1/4" Hose 5' Long
Appliance End: 3/8" Female Flare
Inlet: Type 250 male quick connect
Max Pressure: 0.5 PSI

Thanks for your help.

PS: Red31, I have no idea what your post means...I THINK it has something to do with the things you use to screw on to the bulk tank? They turn in opposite directions?

Yes, that would be the best & easiest to use& it will work with the Everest. But, it can only be used for one appliance at a time, so you lose the advantage of the cylinders.

2006 POLARIS ATV
1998 Dyna Wide Glide
USMC 68-74

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
If the devices are designed to use the throw away bottles.. The one on the right.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
^^ that hose looks correct. Large ACME thread to the bulk bottle and the other end looks like the top of the bottle and should fit into the appliance nicely.

xzyHollyxyz
Explorer
Explorer
OP HERE. It's the Everest version of the Camp Chef stove.

I just went to Camp Chef's site and they showed this as an available bulk adapter, with the following description. Can I correctly assume the hose on the right will work with this stove (and the other appliances)?

Description
Need more propane than a one pound tank? This five foot Bulk Tank Hose Adapter will attach a bulk propane tank to a portable propane tank fitting. Perfect for attaching your Outdoor Camp Oven, MVP Sport Grill or any disposable bottle appliance to a bulk propane tank.

1/4" Hose 5' Long
Appliance End: 3/8" Female Flare
Inlet: Type 250 male quick connect
Max Pressure: 0.5 PSI

Thanks for your help.

PS: Red31, I have no idea what your post means...I THINK it has something to do with the things you use to screw on to the bulk tank? They turn in opposite directions?
2015 Fun Finder 189FDS

Crazy_Ray
Explorer
Explorer
RIGHT. NAC
RET ARMY 1980,"Tiny" furkid, Class A, 2007 Bounder 35E, Ford V10 w/Steer Safe, 4 6V CROWN,GC235,525W Solar Kyocera, TriStar 45 Controller,Tri-Metric 2020,Yamaha 2400, TOW CRV. Ready Brake. "Living Our Dream" NASCAR #11-18-19-20- LOVE CO,NM,AZ

red31
Explorer
Explorer
I like 'right is tight' versus your left handed POLs you show.

http://www.amazon.com/Camco-59823-Propane-Hose-Assembly/dp/B007HG7P26

Dakota98
Explorer
Explorer
The one on the "right" I believe both Coleman devices already have a built in regulator but, it depends on what model of Camp Chef stove you have ???

post the Camp Chef model number or a pic.

2006 POLARIS ATV
1998 Dyna Wide Glide
USMC 68-74

vermilye
Explorer
Explorer
The 1 lb bottles produce high pressure propane. Devices designed for them either do not use a regulator or have one built in, so you probably want the second hose set (the one without a regulator).