cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

winegard dish verses direct tv dish

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
My winegard dish on my "C" is missing the LNB. I have a LNB from a direct TV dish. Compatible? I am using Direct in my coach.
24 REPLIES 24

fischer
Explorer
Explorer
The app is satfinder lite
2016 Winnebago 35B v10
2006 Jeep Liberty 4x4
Blue ox Tow Bar

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
19 degrees would not be right unless you are very close to AK! There are smartphone apps that can help you get pointed and the receiver allows you to enter a zip code and get the proper elevation and azimuth settings.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
RJsfishin wrote:
Manual antenna ??

All my Direct sat receivers have the signal beeper that you can hear a block away. If you have that ......under sat programming, then it is easy to find the 101 sat,.....if like you said, you are pointed near it already. Just move it around until the beeping speeds up, then lock it down when the speed is peaked.

great, i am going to do that. Also i just found some detailed easy to understand guideline that gives step by step instructions. There are features accessible on the Tv screen

I wasn't aware of.

RJsfishin
Explorer
Explorer
Manual antenna ??

All my Direct sat receivers have the signal beeper that you can hear a block away. If you have that ......under sat programming, then it is easy to find the 101 sat,.....if like you said, you are pointed near it already. Just move it around until the beeping speeds up, then lock it down when the speed is peaked.
Rich

'01 31' Rexall Vision, Generac 5.5k, 1000 watt Honda, PD 9245 conv, 300 watts Solar, 150 watt inv, 2 Cos 6v batts, ammeters, led voltmeters all over the place, KD/sat, 2 Oly Cat heaters w/ ox, and towing a 2012 Liberty, Lowe bass boat, or a Kawi Mule.

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well I don't really understand where to point the dish. I don't know where to look to get the correct degree setting. So I pointed the dish in the direction of the one on my house

and cranked it up to 19 degrees according to the digital readout. I got that reading off the TV in my house. Then I saw a number 101 degrees. So I cranked/turned the dish

to what I believe is close to that number. Reading the book it speaks about using your zip code. Where can I read about what i need to do? The information supplied

by the coach makes it sound like it's easy, maybe it is. Sounds like the dish is ok, that's an accomplishment.

Appreciate the help.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Getting a good connection is great but if you don't have the antenna pointed correctly (no matter how much you believe that it is) you will continue to get a 775. There is a VERY steep learning curve when trying to figure out how to point any manual antenna. Tell us more.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
So I installed the LNB, it has two ports one I left alone and unsealed for now, and I am getting a 775 code. I have continuity from the roof to the inside of the coach,

even used another cable previous owner installed for an outside dish set up. I am using DT box from spare bedroom, I ordered one to replace that one but haven't

even taken it out of the box yet. Going to research further tomorrow, time to hit the town for the evening.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes, but....No all of the LNB's have the exact same base mounting protrusion. They made a couple different ones over the years so try the one you have and if it fits exactly then it's fine.

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
aslakson wrote:
If it's the 18" "pizza pan" dish, ought to work just fine. Single LNB for standard definition tv . . . .

al

Thanks.

aslakson
Explorer
Explorer
If it's the 18" "pizza pan" dish, ought to work just fine. Single LNB for standard definition tv . . . .

al
Fulltiming since Apr 2007 in 2000 Rexhall Aerbus, towing 2012 Honda CRV. 47 of the lower 48 so far.