cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Wiser by ShowerMiser

MtnMike
Explorer
Explorer
The February 2017 edition of Trailer Life has an article in their Hands On column (pg 56) about a cold water diverter for use in an RV shower. A product by Showermiser (www.aquaviewinc.com/rv) that routes cold water to the shower back into the freshwater tank until it warms up so you don't have to capture the cold water in a bucket for use later while waiting for the shower water to warm up. Sounds like a brilliant idea for use when boondocking. Anybody have any experience with this product or anything similar? Oh, and BTW, Trailer Life magazine is awesome.
MtnMike
2016 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS Fifth Wheel
2017 Dodge Laramie Longhorn Ram 3500; 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel, DRW
6 REPLIES 6

Almot
Explorer III
Explorer III
2oldman wrote:
I wait maybe 5 seconds to get HOT water.

You mean, after you've waited 20 minutes for heater to do it's job ๐Ÿ™‚

dewey02
Explorer
Explorer
I've watched the video which makes it seem easy.
But they really don't talk much about the hard part which is routing the line back to the FW tank or the non-pressurized side of your water pump. All the video shows is hooking up the diverter, which is the easy part. And the guy in the video uses a regular drill bit and cracks his shower liner, they conveniently hide this behind bold lettering that says "USE A HOLE SAW" When I watched the original video which was posted for a while before they superimposed the bold lettering, you could clearly see the guy cracking his shower liner with his drill bit.
installation video link here

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
We use a measuring cup to save the cold water for dishwashing until the shower heats up. (This is when we are boondocking, of course -- not when we have hookups.) It'd be nice to recycle the water back into the tank, but I doubt I would pay very much for that feature.
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

3oaks
Explorer
Explorer
How long a person waits to get hot water at the shower depends upon where the water heater is located in relationship to the shower and how the hot water line is routed. :@

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
there have been posts about this before. Those that tried it mentioned installation can be a real bear and the quality of the fittings leaves something to be desired.

If it could be hidden behind the shower wall that would be nice.

Based on the location of our shower vs the hot water tank, and my experience of how long and how much it takes till I get hot water, it would save less than a quart of water. Adds up, but I'd like a better implementation of the solution before I went for it.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
I wait maybe 5 seconds to get HOT water. I guess it's a good idea if you wait until shower time to turn on your water heater. That's a joke.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman