Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Wonderful

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Open Roads Forum > Search the Forums

> Your search for 'drag and drop photos' found 0 matches.

Your search returned no results.
20 REPLIES 20

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
Sounds like the internet is pretty sketchy where you are, at best. Sorry to hear that. Photobucket has definitely increased their ad content so I could see how that could cause issues with a slow connection.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
:B

YOUR POST IS VISIBLE

The site loads the page withOUT the dialog box or selection choice. When there's a total WHITE SCREEN except for the RV NET and blue band I cannot MIRACLE a selection. Like reloaded and tried 15 times, the last was left for an hour untouched.

Mexico is The Twilight Zone. Where a person CanNOT access stuff like Wal-Mart USA, where many pages load blank, and if you miss a digit in the address bar, a host of hijacking scoundrels wait to jump on board and make life miserable.

I used a proxy and timed a GOOGLE. COM page load at three minutes twelve seconds.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
My post is apparently invisible.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Double Click

and

Click Twice

Are 2 different animules.

And no, the site isn't still-loading. It just will not work unless I click, wait three seconds and click again. Don't ask me why. It's entirely stupid. But the Barf Bucket has oodles of pretty flashing graphics and krap that does absolutely nothing.

Next time I'll use the RV.Net feature. Google Searches are eternity down here. It takes an act of God to stay away from Google Mexico.

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
Another tip, the search on this site is pitiful, instead use the "site:" operand in Gogle. Like this;
drag and drop photos site:rv.net

Well, stupid forum software will not let me illustrate that, but it is search term, site colon rv.net with no spaces.
-- Chris Bryant

Salvo
Explorer
Explorer

Naio
Explorer
Explorer
I use imgur or the app someone posted in the help thread here.

Sounds like photobucket's ads are too much for your computer or your bandwidth. So switch to a different image host.
3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
You must have been doing something wrong. I've never had to double click a .jpg on Photobucket.

I log in, I go to My Library, I click on the pic I want. Since I use Firefox with Flash disabled, I have to enable Flash, then I click on the Direct Link. Then I go to where ever and enter the link. Not as easy as when Flash is enabled, but still no real issues, and not hardly as much trouble as you seem to be having.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
It's the Herb Tarlick syndrome. All concerned with graphics and glitz and ergonomics is utterly forsaken. Utilities by nature MUST BE INTUITIVE. The are not trying to bias influence a chemical reaction, they are there to store bytes then make them available to download to another URL.

When I purchased a 300 dollar word program in 1985, it was fixated on MACROS. MACRO this and MACRO that. Every damned function in that software linked, stinked, or recommended MACRO. It made writing a simple letter difficult. email and Mcrosoft word killed the program like the vermin it was.

People joke about the BORG which is justified because there is nothing else like it. Complicated? Baking a cake is more complicated that two chargers that are switched on and off (or paralleled) independently, with variable preset voltage limits and a six hour timer on one charger. I'll bet even " " could be taught to use it inside of ten minutes.

But having to click TWICE on an URL link twice (the page has fully loaded) is stupid incarnate. Get a room full of nerds and they will turn software into a morass trying to impress each other.

BTW, I had linked twenty two images to the RV NET SITE post link dialog box of which seventeen appeared under PREVIEW POST and without doing a thing I pressed POST and you see the results. One duplicate appeared and fourteen never made the grade. Thirteen are images that you will not see.

Supereri73
Explorer
Explorer
try http://tinypic.com/

I find it very easy. Just upload the photo, copy the URL, and paste it in the image tag.
2015 Ram 3500 Laramie Crew Cab, Dually, Long bed, 4x4, Cummins 6.7 370hp/800 lbs.-ft, 4.10
B&W RVK3600 fifth wheel hitch
2016 Genesis Supreme 36-CK toyhauler

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mex,

The link that Chris posted above is what I've been using for months. It's far superior to messing with Photobucket ... which I have used/struggled-with for years ... before someone at RV.net came up with that great tool in Chris Bryant's link - which I repeat here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/201045551/Forums/PhotoUpload/RV.NET-Photo-Upload.html
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
It's tough to post any really usable advice when a person has very little idea of what is being attempted. I'm thinking you're trying to post an image, but I'm not positive about that. I link to Photobucket all the time and it works very well. If you'll expand on your problem I can try to help.

You got Photobucket to work, got it to work doing what?
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

westend
Explorer
Explorer
MEXICOWANDERER wrote:
That has been copied. Sorry for the shorthand. Trying to do too many things at once. I got photobucket to work by clicking twice (different than double clicking) select download mode. Both times the screen flickers but will not work on the first click. Like most modern things, it can stand on it's head, whistle Dixie backward, pass gas to the tune of Stars & Stripes Forever, but it's primary function fails utterly.

Photobucket tries to inject different ads with each click of the mouse. Their overuse of advertising has me think of switching to a different photo host.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
That has been copied. Sorry for the shorthand. Trying to do too many things at once. I got photobucket to work by clicking twice (different than double clicking) select download mode. Both times the screen flickers but will not work on the first click. Like most modern things, it can stand on it's head, whistle Dixie backward, pass gas to the tune of Stars & Stripes Forever, but it's primary function fails utterly.