Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Woowoo! NERD refrigerator DC voltage protection

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.mskennedy.com/products/Linear-Regulators/MSK5012.prod

Needs heat sink and a couple of resistors on a board. Set voltage to 12.0, maybe even 11.8

Ultra Low Dropout of .2 volt allows very close voltage band operation. This circuit is to protect the refrigerator IC board not a heater element. 10-amp capacity can be used discriminately for other voltage sensitive circuits INCLUDING CPAP and BiPAP to chassis battery power.

Some assembly required.

This is not a common chip, still digging for price but MOSFET amplification and ultra-low dropout voltage is quite an attraction.
4 REPLIES 4

Bend
Explorer
Explorer
The only reference I have to your problem is AM/FM & FRS walky talkies, no problem. However, I do a lot of twisting of the wires prior to and after the bucker/booster.

Might have to use a smaller +,- filter capacitor on the output. The Vout connector should be able to accommodate it.

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bend wrote:
No assembly required:

Bend did you notice alot of RFI for comms cicuits...

I got a couple of applications I could one of these but always afraid of my Ham Radio Systems might pick up alot of RFI signals...

Buck Boost circuits are killers for me haha...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
At less than I/max I love that .2 dropout. But Kennedy's reference to "Contact Us For Mil-Spec Qualifications" makes my knees wobble...

Thanks for the link. I have oodles of MOVS and TVS goodies I would like to not play the part of itty bitty mushroom clouds.

Bend
Explorer
Explorer
No assembly required:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TANQW96/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2ZBKPJ1MXQ6H5&col...

I have used them to protect the RV fridge and slow fan speeds(fridge internal circulating fan and area circulating fan for cat heater). However, they are 1v dropout.