cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yamaha 2000 generator extended run tanks

Jayco23FB
Explorer
Explorer
I noticed on a couple of generator threads that no extended run fuel tanks are available for the Yamaha 2000 series. A little research and I found some at wisesales.com They are available in single unit or dual feed units.
(description for the dual feed unit from the Wisesales site)
Feeds one generator.The Breeze Extended Run Generator System uses a vacuum draw system; no need to elevate a gas can above the generator. The IPI Industries patented product will extend the run time of the generator by up to 72 hours; thus allowing the end user to set it, start it, and forget it!. The tank holds 6 gallons of fuel and is CARB Compliant.
Jayco G2 23FB
2007 Chevrolet 2500HD 6.0L
8 REPLIES 8

bigcitypopo
Explorer
Explorer
The best extended run kits ever....

http://www.pinellaspowerproducts.com/view/YEFFUELKIT2/

Do not buy anything else!
2014 RAM 2500 BigHorn CrewCab 4x2 ShortBox, 6.7L CTD
2014 Keystone Springdale 294bhssrwe - Hensley Arrow!
The best wife, 2 kids and a bunch of fun

Chinolbz
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Crazy Ray. I called Yamaha directly and they never heard of such a thing or why I would want one. I bought Red. Chino

Crazy_Ray
Explorer
Explorer
Chino - Yamaha DOES offer the HIGH Altitude Jet. Look up your Local YAMAHA dealer. Do you WANT the number for the 2400???
RET ARMY 1980,"Tiny" furkid, Class A, 2007 Bounder 35E, Ford V10 w/Steer Safe, 4 6V CROWN,GC235,525W Solar Kyocera, TriStar 45 Controller,Tri-Metric 2020,Yamaha 2400, TOW CRV. Ready Brake. "Living Our Dream" NASCAR #11-18-19-20- LOVE CO,NM,AZ

Learjet
Explorer
Explorer
my friend tried that setup, didn't work.
2017 Ram Big Horn, DRW Long Box, 4x4, Cummins, Aisin, 3.73
2022 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS, Onan 5500, Disc Brakes, 17.5" tires
B&W Ram Companion

HiTech
Explorer
Explorer
With vacuum draw you should not need a fuel pump, if it works as advertised.

Jim

Jayco23FB
Explorer
Explorer
I don't have an aux tank so I am not sure how well they work. If they do not draw very well could a small low pressure 12 volt fuel pump be connected to the 8 amp DC battery charge connection on the generator?
Jayco G2 23FB
2007 Chevrolet 2500HD 6.0L

rjsurfer
Explorer
Explorer
I know they normally won't pull from an auxiliary tank (like the Honda's ) at the same level but it might work if you keep the aux tank higher??

Ron W.
03 Dodge 2500 SRW,SB,EC
2018 Keystone 25RES
DRZ-400SM
DL-650

Chinolbz
Explorer
Explorer
As I understand it, the Yamaha does not have a fuel pump so external tanks do not work. That is one of the reasons I went with Honda. Yamaha does not offer high altitude carb jets either. Chino