cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big Toy, Toy Haulers???

KingofChilli82
Explorer
Explorer
Whats up guys? Im new here and looking for some information. Me and the gf are looking to make a big decision in the next year or so to buy a brand new hauler. I already have a tow rig i wont be getting rid of anytime soon. 1997 Mack CH600 with a 400+ hp E7 Mack motor that only hay 150k on a full in frame rebuild, all rebuilt front end and brand new tires all around. What we are looking for is something i can haul my crawler in or any future crawlers. Its 94" wide and has a wheel base of 123" on 44" tires so even 14 foot is cutting it close. Plus it weights 5300 pounds. Then add to that 4 8gal propane tanks, 2 sets of axle shafts, a couple driveshafts, another transfer case, another tire, 5 gallons of hydraulic fluid, 5 gallons of oil and some other miscellaneous parts for spares. Then we still have to add all of our camping stuff to that lol. We currently haul 2 rigs on out trailer now but she just got a new Samurai that will be hauled on the back of the semi like a smart car. I know that there are race trailers out there that will suit our needs but are entirely to pricey. I could resort to building a new set up like we have now but the insurance is in a grey area and we dont want that. Who out there is hauling similar things and what are you hauling it in? I also should note i REALLY want a door between the LQ and the garage because of the smell. When we yard sale it (break it bad) it can really start to leak and stink like gear lube BAD. I posted some pics of our current set up for everyone bellow.

and one of the rig that has to go in our future TH

Mod Edit: As previously mentioned please do not post photos wider then 800 pixels as it skews the forum. Details are in the photo thread, that you previously posted to. Thanks.
20 REPLIES 20

BoonHauler
Explorer
Explorer
Work & Play would seem to be your best bet but like the idea of a 5th wheel on that setup you already have. Getting your crawler into a factory built TH is going to be a tough one......
05 RAM 3500 CTD 4x4 Q/C Laramie DRW/NV5600/3.73, B&W Gooseneck, MaxBrake, PacBrake PRXB, Brite Box Fogster, BD steering Box Brace
2014 BoonHauler 3614

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome to the forum. You have a unique rig but, it works for you. That's all that matters.

We see some on the forum with not enough truck for what they're pulling.
You definitely don't have that problem. Your TV is a beast. I like it. 🙂

Enjoy your travels.

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
Nice toys!
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us

KingofChilli82
Explorer
Explorer
Problem with that is you have to sit them up real high because the neck of a gooseneck is taller then the step up of the 5er. For what i paid for this camper i could not pass it up.

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
I was looking as sort of the same thing, but my thought was to use a small 5th wheel - might as well make use of that extra space up over the goose neck.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well, no disrespect intended, that's the most humorous rig I've seen..bar none. Small campsites any issue? LOL Is that a 6 foot climb to the "trailer?" LOL
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad