Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2003 Starcraft Travel Star 21SSO Slide out

slavco
Explorer
Explorer
Hey All,

If anyone here has a Travel Star 21SSO or even the Antigua model that I know couple of you on here have, in the 2002-2006 year range, I'm hoping you could help me out. Would you be able to tell me if there is a sweeper seal present on top of your slide out (on the inside)? I bought mine used less than a year ago and I'm not sure if there should be an extra seal there or not. There looks to be a steel lip just above the slide, it's part of trailer wall and not the slide which looks like the perfect spot to attach a seal to. I will try and take a picture later today to better explain what I'm talking about, but if anyone with the same model HTT could take a pic (or has a pic already) and post it, that would we much appreciated.

I did a lot of googling for this, but seeing how this is a pretty old unit the information there is quite scarce.

Thanks!

Pic
9 REPLIES 9

slavco
Explorer
Explorer
pointbrze wrote:
slavco wrote:
I assume it's attached from the inside?

Slav,
Maybe Starcraft changed something between model years; very possible. But on the 2004 21SSO, that black sweep at the top of the slide is installed on the exterior. Darn. . . wish I had my pics! If I remember correctly, there's a lipped channel that's up there - it allowed me to slide the old sweep off and put on the new one.

They must have made some changes, I checked this past weekend and there is no way to attach a sweeper seal to the outside on mine. The only possibility would be on the inside as there is a lip there with currently nothing on it.

Thanks for checking for me 🙂

pointbrze
Explorer
Explorer
slavco wrote:
I assume it's attached from the inside?

Slav,
Maybe Starcraft changed something between model years; very possible. But on the 2004 21SSO, that black sweep at the top of the slide is installed on the exterior. Darn. . . wish I had my pics! If I remember correctly, there's a lipped channel that's up there - it allowed me to slide the old sweep off and put on the new one.
Me - Cindy
Sonny (Toy Poodle)
CoCo (LhasaPoo)

2010 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2501SS
2007 Tundra V8, 5.7L, P2 brake controller

slavco
Explorer
Explorer
pointbrze wrote:
Oh, I know I have pics of this seal, because I replaced it on my 2004! (must have lost them on a crashed hard drive.) Anyways, here's a picture of the outside of my 21SSO with the slide out. It has the sweep at the top. And I also had the 2 bars, but instead of placing them at the top, I was told to place them on the sides; either way, I guess works. I hope this pic helps a tiny bit!

Thank you Cindy! It definitely helps, I don't have that seal at all on mine..I assume it's attached from the inside?
I don't have the bars either, the previous owner said he never had them either and seems the slide is pretty solid in place when closed (I tested this out by trying to push it out with my legs, it wouldn't budge)

Slav

pointbrze
Explorer
Explorer
Oh, I know I have pics of this seal, because I replaced it on my 2004! (must have lost them on a crashed hard drive.) Anyways, here's a picture of the outside of my 21SSO with the slide out. It has the sweep at the top. And I also had the 2 bars, but instead of placing them at the top, I was told to place them on the sides; either way, I guess works. I hope this pic helps a tiny bit!
Me - Cindy
Sonny (Toy Poodle)
CoCo (LhasaPoo)

2010 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2501SS
2007 Tundra V8, 5.7L, P2 brake controller

SLSAntigua
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Slavco

Yes there is. When the slide is in and when I travel, I have poles that try to hold the slide in place. the poles are braced against the seal and the top lip of the Slide. My slide is out right, still working on the floor.
Steve, DW, 2 DDs
2006 Starcraft Antigua 215SSO
2011 Chevy Silverado LT
Primus Brake, Reese WDH and sway control

slavco
Explorer
Explorer
marcarolle wrote:
Hi Slavco, sorry for the late reply. I printed your photos and will take them to my camper tonight before I close it. I will try to take the same photos on my Antiguas. Hopefully I will be able to post them.

I may not be able to get back to you before the week-end.

Marc

Thanks for doing that Marc, no rush 🙂 Are you closing up for the season then? I still have one more trip planned at the end of October, it's going to be a little chilly but I'm very excited to go!

Slav

marcarolle
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Slavco, sorry for the late reply. I printed your photos and will take them to my camper tonight before I close it. I will try to take the same photos on my Antiguas. Hopefully I will be able to post them.

I may not be able to get back to you before the week-end.

Marc
Me
DW

Gouda - 11 months Golden Retriever
Eva Golden Retriever (we miss you!)

2019 F150 2.7l V6 Ecoboost
2008 Gulf Breeze 26RKS

2004 Antigua 215SS Hybrid - gone
2002 Jayco Eagle 12SD pop up - gone
1996 10 ft Clipper pop up - gone
1977 10 ft Lionel pop up - gone

slavco
Explorer
Explorer
marcarolle wrote:
I have a hard time understanding your pic. You said it's from the inside ? And your pic is taken when the slide-out is not out?
I'm currently set up for another 5-6 days. As soon as the trailer is back home, I will take pics for you

Marc

Hi Marc,

Yes, picture is from the inside with the slide-out open (out). I will try taking a better picture tomorrow.

Thanks!!

Hey Marc,

Here's a couple more pictures, hope this helps - this is looking at the top of the slide

marcarolle
Explorer
Explorer
I have a hard time understanding your pic. You said it's from the inside ? And your pic is taken when the slide-out is not out?
I'm currently set up for another 5-6 days. As soon as the trailer is back home, I will take pics for you

Marc
Me
DW

Gouda - 11 months Golden Retriever
Eva Golden Retriever (we miss you!)

2019 F150 2.7l V6 Ecoboost
2008 Gulf Breeze 26RKS

2004 Antigua 215SS Hybrid - gone
2002 Jayco Eagle 12SD pop up - gone
1996 10 ft Clipper pop up - gone
1977 10 ft Lionel pop up - gone