cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2013 F-150 4x4 5.0 3.55 Screw towing Amerilite 255bh

webb322
Explorer
Explorer
I have read a lot about what this truck can tow and shouldnt tow. I have a 2013 f-150 4x4 5.0 3.55 screw with short bed that i bought to go back and forth to work. My aunt is selling / giving us her 2012 Amerilite 255bh ( dry weight 5000 or less ). its a nice little camper. Just wanted to see what everyone thinks about this set up?

Thanks,
17 REPLIES 17

webb322
Explorer
Explorer
The truck has the trans cooler, trailer break, and tow mirrors. also its just My wife, English bulldog and myself in the truck. typically only going to be towing in ohio, but my buddies all go to chesapeake bay for a couple weeks in june and maybe wanted to join them. Thanks again!

love2tow
Explorer
Explorer
I had a 2010 F150 with the 5.4 and 3:55's and had a 24 ft Kodiak that weighed in at about 5200 lbs ready to camp. It pulled it pretty well around the flat lands of Illinois and Wisconsin but I don't know how comfortable I would have been pulling it through the mountains.

Things to check: Does your truck have a trans cooler? Trailer Break Controller? Also, check the sticker on your drivers side door to get an idea of your payload limitations. (I say "idea" because the only way you will know for sure is to have your truck weighed)

Things to consider. I know that I had to be very mindful when loading my trailer and truck because I was within a couple hundred lbs of the payload limit. If I would have added a friend to our trip, I would have been over payload.

If you have the trailer break controller and trans cooler, you should be good to go. Hope you enjoy it.
2016 Nissan Frontier Pro 4x 6 speed manual. (Future TOAD?)
2014 Shadow Cruiser 313 BHS (Sold)

Goldstalker
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds great! Go have fun!
2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Z71 4X4 3.73
2013 CrossRoads Sunset Trail Super Lite 250RB
2-2012 Yamaha VX Deluxe
2012 Toyota Highlander