cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2014, adding overload springs

sleepy
Explorer
Explorer
After about 11 years we noticed that stepping on to our campers step was sort of like stepping into a corner of a row boat.... squishy.... we had gotten use to it.

Our campers steps are on the rear passengers side.

We visited the Knoxville Spring Shop.... which reminded me og the blacksmith shops when I was a kid in the early 1040's. The owner/manager Lawrence Henegar seemed like he knew what he was doing.

We made an appointment to bring the truck to the shop with the camper fully loaded....

Janet sat in the office, trying to stay warm... it was early Februart. I roamed the floor.... staying out of the way and talikning pictures...

They were adding 2 leafs to the one ton package the truck alteady had.

This is how I added air to my airbags.... just to let you see the original springs. I would be keeping the airbags.

2003 Lance 1161,/slideout/AGM batteries/255W Solar/propane generator/Sat dish/2 Fantastic Fans/AC/winter pkg
AirFoil, Trimetric, LED lights, Platcat vent heat

2003GMC K3500 LT/Crewcab/duramax diesel/allison/dually/4x4/OnStar/front reciever mounted spare
22 REPLIES 22

sleepy
Explorer
Explorer
They had carefully measured.... the chalk like was for alignment when it was all going back together.

2003 Lance 1161,/slideout/AGM batteries/255W Solar/propane generator/Sat dish/2 Fantastic Fans/AC/winter pkg

2003GMC K3500 LT/Crewcab/duramax diesel/allison/dually/4x4/OnStar/front reciever mounted spare

sleepy
Explorer
Explorer
They custom made new, longer "U" bolts to hold all of the old and new ass on springs....

There is a lot of acetlene torch work going on.... no hoods, goggles, or face masks.... scary!

sleepy
Explorer
Explorer

sleepy
Explorer
Explorer
They are working on ours.... they also had large long haul freighter trucks in the shop too

sleepy
Explorer
Explorer

sleepy
Explorer
Explorer
Our original springs

They are being held by the "posts" that are shown.... the postd are attached to a hydrolic system under the table.... very powerful...

sleepy
Explorer
Explorer
You can see the airbag in this picture.... they are disassembling everything....

sleepy
Explorer
Explorer