cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 GMC HD Reveal

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Here's the new GMC HD. IMO GM needs to ditch the wax coating and go to an e coated frame. Also I prefer the tail lights on the DRW trucks over the SRW trucks assuming GMC will be similar to Chevy.

Link
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"
18 REPLIES 18

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
specta wrote:
mkirsch wrote:
I saw a meme on facebook this morning and thought they were just kidding around.

If I keep it I'm definitely putting a lowering kit on it. 2" would be huge.

Butt Fn Ugly!! LOL

I don't care for how high I have to step to get into this one.

Trying not to be biased but THIS is a good looking truck. 😉

All the new trucks are butt ugly and that new GMC might just take the cake.

Careful the blue text guy is going to be on the attack! :W

I do agree that brown truck is a good looking truck.

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
So just a reminder that Toyota also identified the need for a window sill arm rest. Go to 3:44 and see that Toyota literally has a padded window sill arm rest.

Link

specta
Explorer
Explorer
mkirsch wrote:
I saw a meme on facebook this morning and thought they were just kidding around.

If I keep it I'm definitely putting a lowering kit on it. 2" would be huge.

Butt Fn Ugly!! LOL

I don't care for how high I have to step to get into this one.

Trying not to be biased but THIS is a good looking truck. 😉

All the new trucks are butt ugly and that new GMC might just take the cake.
Kenny
1996 Jayco 376FB Eagle Series TT
1997 Jayco 246FB Eagle Series TT
1976 Ford F-250 4wd Mercury Marauder 410 - 4V
Regular cabs. The best looking trucks.

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Pbutler97 wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
Pbutler97 wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
I'm liking this GMC the more I learn about it. Window sills have been lowered and by the looks of this video they look like they're deep enough for a good arm rest.

Link

So, are you jumping ship to a real truck that does not jam your kidneys into your ribcage every time you run over a highway expansion or control joint?

Not buying a truck just yet.

At highway speeds my truck rides really nice and tracks nice and straight.

LOL...just laying some sheet on ya.

I noticed... LOL

BTW... My parents own a 2017 Chevy Duramax truck so I got a good feel for how that truck rides. Earlier this year pulled their camper to get it inspected and to get some new Goodyears installed.

Pbutler97
Explorer
Explorer
FishOnOne wrote:
Pbutler97 wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
I'm liking this GMC the more I learn about it. Window sills have been lowered and by the looks of this video they look like they're deep enough for a good arm rest.

Link

So, are you jumping ship to a real truck that does not jam your kidneys into your ribcage every time you run over a highway expansion or control joint?

LOL...just laying some sheet on ya.

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Pbutler97 wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:

Link

Pbutler97
Explorer
Explorer
FishOnOne wrote:

Link

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III

Link

Fisherman
Explorer
Explorer
Just to the right of the red accordion cover, what's that cracked metal?
Never mind, it's a crack in the cement floor below.

FlatBroke
Explorer II
Explorer II
FlatBroke wrote:
Obsolete….. just got an email on the 2024Chevy Trucks

Oops! I’m old!

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Here's some more on the GMC. I do like the tail lights on GMC trucks and would like GM to provide a two tone paint option again.

Link

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Pbutler97 wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
Pbutler97 wrote:
2023 GMC HD Reveal? Not much of a reveal. They had been revealed on dealers lots since at least 6 weeks ago, I was looking at 2 2500s last Saturday, that I know one was still not sold as of yesterday.

That Ford E coating is not the greatest. It might work great in Texas, in the north not so much. Once it starts peeling off after the first winter ots exposed to brine solution, it comes off in sheets the next.

You're never defecting from Ford regardless, even if GM would start hot dip galvanizing their frames.

1987 Chevy Painted frame
1992 Chevy Hot wax coated frame
1998 Ford Hot wax coated frame
2005 Ford Hot wax coated frame
2012 Ford Painted frame

From my personal experience above the painted frames just held up longer. When I sold my trucks with the hot wax coating the coating was pretty much gone and surface rust was obvious. Mud sticks to the wax coating and is difficult to remove without removing the wax.

Here's a picture of my '12 Ford and a '14 Chevy just taken a few minutes ago.

Enjoy...

Well in the whole big scheme of things since I've never had a frame on a truck fail due to rust despite keeping a few 14 or so years while racking up over 300k miles, and never recieved one dime less either when trading or selling outright because the frame showed some rust, I have other things to spend my time worrying about, like the beer freezing in the dorm fridge as it's expected to drop to the mid 30s tonight.

I've seen some really bad rusted frames on vehicles in the rust belt so it's an issue for some folks.

Just left Cincinnati on Thursday to an outstanding low of 66F tonight here in Texas. Love it! :B

Pbutler97
Explorer
Explorer
FishOnOne wrote:
Pbutler97 wrote:
2023 GMC HD Reveal? Not much of a reveal. They had been revealed on dealers lots since at least 6 weeks ago, I was looking at 2 2500s last Saturday, that I know one was still not sold as of yesterday.

That Ford E coating is not the greatest. It might work great in Texas, in the north not so much. Once it starts peeling off after the first winter ots exposed to brine solution, it comes off in sheets the next.

You're never defecting from Ford regardless, even if GM would start hot dip galvanizing their frames.

1987 Chevy Painted frame
1992 Chevy Hot wax coated frame
1998 Ford Hot wax coated frame
2005 Ford Hot wax coated frame
2012 Ford Painted frame

From my personal experience above the painted frames just held up longer. When I sold my trucks with the hot wax coating the coating was pretty much gone and surface rust was obvious. Mud sticks to the wax coating and is difficult to remove without removing the wax.

Here's a picture of my '12 Ford and a '14 Chevy just taken a few minutes ago.

Enjoy...

Well in the whole big scheme of things since I've never had a frame on a truck fail due to rust despite keeping a few 14 or so years while racking up over 300k miles, and never recieved one dime less either when trading or selling outright because the frame showed some rust, I have other things to spend my time worrying about, like the beer freezing in the dorm fridge as it's expected to drop to the mid 30s tonight.

FlatBroke
Explorer II
Explorer II
Obsolete….. just got an email on the 2024Chevy Trucks

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS