cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A/C Auto Lo?

thirtydaZe
Nomad
Nomad
Bought our 2019 Jayco 324BHTS a few weeks ago, aside from getting it loaded up and keeping it plugged it, we haven’t really done much to it or been in it.

Today it finally got hot, thermostat was reading 99 inside. I turned on the air, and since we were not going to use it until friday i turned it to AC auto lo.

Didn’t really do much. We could hear the ac unit running on the roof but the fan wasn’t blowing any cool air through the ducts.

I hit ac hi auto and it runs perfectly normal, as in any camper we've ever had. The thermostat clicks it off at the correct temp and it cools well.

Quite frankly i’ve never seen the ac auto low feature so I dont know much about it.

Seems to me we’ve had either hi, or auto, where hi runs nonstop.

Does it sound to be operating correctly? Ac unit running, but no fan blowing cool air?

We do have a 2 unit TT, and am not sure that has anything to do with it.

Just looking for clarification. Our past 2 rvs have been 5th wheels, so we are in Downgrade mode.
2019 Jayco Eagle HT 324BHTS
2024 Ram 2500 68RFE
21 REPLIES 21

allen8106
Explorer
Explorer
You'll want to run it on hi, you needs as much air flow as possible to keep the indoor coil from freezing up.
2010 Eagle Super Lite 315RLDS
2018 GMC Sierra 3500HD 6.6L Duramax

2010 Nights 45
2011 Nights 70
2012 Nights 144
2013 Nights 46
2014 Nights 49
2015 Nights 57
2016 Nights 73
2017 Nights 40
2018 Nights 56
2019 Nights 76
2020 Nights 68

thirtydaZe
Nomad
Nomad
DownTheAvenue wrote:
thirtydaZe wrote:
Our past 2 rvs have been 5th wheels, so we are in Downgrade mode.

So, a 5th wheel is superior to a travel trailer? I wonder whey a travel trailer is a down grade from a 5th wheel. Could you please explain.

Are you a troll or a fool? I came here for answers, you may notice the intelligent people giving advise on the situation.
2019 Jayco Eagle HT 324BHTS
2024 Ram 2500 68RFE

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
If you truly are getting no fan on low... put it on the list of warranty items to get fixed.

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
The low speed fan wire may not be connected at the thermostat or at the A/C unit. It’s also possible fan itself isn’t working on low speed (or doesn’t support it).

On a Coleman Mach thermostat, the green terminal is high fan and the gray is low. Other brands may be different.

What model of thermostat do you have?

cavie
Explorer
Explorer
thirtydaZe wrote:
Bought our 2019 Jayco 324BHTS a few weeks ago, aside from getting it loaded up and keeping it plugged it, we haven’t really done much to it or been in it.

Today it finally got hot, thermostat was reading 99 inside. I turned on the air, and since we were not going to use it until friday i turned it to AC auto lo.

Didn’t really do much. We could hear the ac unit running on the roof but the fan wasn’t blowing any cool air through the ducts.

I hit ac hi auto and it runs perfectly normal, as in any camper we've ever had. The thermostat clicks it off at the correct temp and it cools well.

Quite frankly i’ve never seen the ac auto low feature so I dont know much about it.

Seems to me we’ve had either hi, or auto, where hi runs nonstop.

Does it sound to be operating correctly? Ac unit running, but no fan blowing cool air?

We do have a 2 unit TT, and am not sure that has anything to do with it.

Just looking for clarification. Our past 2 rvs have been 5th wheels, so we are in Downgrade mode.

Settings should be A/C on. Fan on/auto/ high /lo
Fan/auto will turn the fan on and off with the compressor. Fan lo or high will keep the fan on all the time. There is not much difference between hi and low. A 90 degrees you need it on high fan till it cools down.

There is no difference between your 5hth wheel and a TT. One just has a different hitch then the other. Both have the same A/C
2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS. Retired Master Electrician. Retired Building Inspector.

All Motor Homes are RV's. All RV's are not Motor Homes.

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
thirtydaZe wrote:
Our past 2 rvs have been 5th wheels, so we are in Downgrade mode.

So, a 5th wheel is superior to a travel trailer? I wonder whey a travel trailer is a down grade from a 5th wheel. Could you please explain.

prichardson
Explorer
Explorer
What A/C and thermostat? Sounds like a problem in the control circuit. The fan should always run with the compressor. On most RV units there is not that much difference in airflow between hi and low speed fan.