Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

active duty military

geekyguru
Explorer
Explorer
Visit www.tentsfortroops.com
I recently found out about this program. essentially what they do is work with other RV campgrounds around the United States and each campground offers two nights free for active duty military. I just booked some days at camp gulf. The first two nights I won't have to pay. Really awesome folks are helping us out.
3 REPLIES 3

LarryJM
Explorer II
Explorer II
geekyguru wrote:
Visit www.tentsfortroops.com
I recently found out about this program. essentially what they do is work with other RV campgrounds around the United States and each campground offers two nights free for active duty military. I just booked some days at camp gulf. The first two nights I won't have to pay. Really awesome folks are helping us out.

Thats a great idea and whether you are active duty or retired more and more normal merchants offer 10% discount like Lowes and HD have been doing for years. Also, just yesterday I was buying some antifreeze at PEP boys and there was a sign of the front door saying 10% savings for military and seniors.

I almost always as a merchant if there is any discount for military or seniors ... it can't hurt and every few pennies help keep the pot fuller longer :B

Larry
2001 standard box 7.3L E-350 PSD Van with 4.10 rear and 2007 Holiday Rambler Aluma-Lite 8306S Been RV'ing since 1974.
RAINKAP INSTALL////ETERNABOND INSTALL

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Most Corp of Engineers CGs offer free use of all facilities, including the CG and day use areas, for Active duty Military. Check this out, as it may not be offered in all districts, and/or the person making the reservation may not know about it.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

texasclarks
Explorer
Explorer
Clicky

Thanks for the information.
Posts are for entertainment purposes only and should not be construed as endorsement or recommendations. YMMV!

Steven & Stacie, plus 2 ('02 & '07)
'04 Suburban 2500, Quad Seats, 8.1L, 3.73
'09 Rockwood 8313SS

Texas not just a State, but a State of mind!