cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Amerilite parts specifically corner caps

roundman
Explorer
Explorer
Is there an online parts store where I can order parts for my Gulfstream 2004 Amerilite 21MBLE?? All four corner caps as well as some other plastic parts have crumbled or broken. Some of the parts are generic and I have found them at local RV dealers but not the corner caps. The closest Gulfstream dealer to us is over 75 miles away so I would like to locate an online parts source...maybe a dealer with an online store.

I found Gulfstream parts list for the 2003 and 2005 Amerilite but it was for dealers and did not link any online store...

Thanks!
2004 AMERILITE 21MB LE
2007 DODGE RAM 1500 5.7
13 REPLIES 13

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
copsey wrote:
Found a part number finally, it is 08X296 they are sold as a set and run $29.99 per set. I will be ordering mine from Haydocy Airstream in Columbus, Ohio.

Glad you found them..

Food for thought..

If the new caps fail in a few years perhaps look into having a aluminum set made by using the existing ones as a pattern.

Pretty much any metal fabricator should be able to cut a piece of aluminum plate then form and weld a edge piece to the plate.

Might be a bit pricier up front than the plastic caps but it will be a permanent solution to the problem.

roundman
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry for the PM Copsey, I did not see this last post. My nearest dealer quoted me $35 so I guess I got an extra markup added to my order (which I will remember). It is absurd that Gulfstream nor their dealers offer an online secure OEM parts store...maybe the dealers demand the opportunity to gouge at will.... Anyway, my opinion of Gulfstream has once again been damaged but I did get my Corner Caps ordered. Thanks for the help!
2004 AMERILITE 21MB LE
2007 DODGE RAM 1500 5.7

copsey
Explorer
Explorer
Found a part number finally, it is 08X296 they are sold as a set and run $29.99 per set. I will be ordering mine from Haydocy Airstream in Columbus, Ohio.
2004 Gulfstream Innsbruck 26RLS
2003 Ford Excursion PSD

roundman
Explorer
Explorer
OK thanks! I will take another look at the links that you gave us. This trim is located and attaches vertically at the bottom of each corner to trim the edge of the metal siding and is not under the unit. Without this trim piece the corners are left open and the sheet metal siding edge is exposed and ragged...so it really does look very bad without it, however, my greatest concern is that rain and wind can blow straight into the wall framing when underway, also it appears that insects and possibly even mice could enter there. This should have been made of aluminum to begin with...
2004 AMERILITE 21MB LE
2007 DODGE RAM 1500 5.7

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
roundman wrote:
Gdetrailer, thanks for the reply, but like copsey mentioned, I could find nothing on any of those linked web sites similar to my corner cap. I would love to locate some corner caps that were metal instead of this cheap stock plastic one, but I have not been able to locate even the stock parts. Mine look exactly like this 2003 corner cap shown on page 18 of this link (part # 08x296):

http://dealers.gulfstreamcoach.com/dealers/pdf/2003traveltrailer.pdf

and this is probably the same part that fits my 2004...but I need a store to buy it at. I also emailed Gulfstream but had no response and cannot locate any parts store for Gulfstream. Hopefully, my nearest dealer will get back to me in a day or two....but surely there is an online part store for these parts, I just cannot seem to find it.

Here is a photo of mine:

Hmm.. from what I gather the part in the pix is just plastic trim that fits to the underside of the trailer corner?

If that is true, personally I would just discard and forget about it as long as the edge showing is not objectionable looking..

Reason why I say that, is that piece could actually capture and hold water/moisture that runs down the side/corner of the trailer..

You don't want or need anything that can trap and hold moisture since it can and will cause damage over time.

Otherwise, the trim I linked CAN be used, it is bendable and can be bent around rounded edges. The screws would simply be placed on the underside of the trailer.. Using that trim like that you can omit the use of the vinyl insert.

roundman
Explorer
Explorer
Gdetrailer, thanks for the reply, but like copsey mentioned, I could find nothing on any of those linked web sites similar to my corner cap. I would love to locate some corner caps that were metal instead of this cheap stock plastic one, but I have not been able to locate even the stock parts. Mine look exactly like this 2003 corner cap shown on page 18 of this link (part # 08x296):

http://dealers.gulfstreamcoach.com/dealers/pdf/2003traveltrailer.pdf

and this is probably the same part that fits my 2004...but I need a store to buy it at. I also emailed Gulfstream but had no response and cannot locate any parts store for Gulfstream. Hopefully, my nearest dealer will get back to me in a day or two....but surely there is an online part store for these parts, I just cannot seem to find it.

Here is a photo of mine:
2004 AMERILITE 21MB LE
2007 DODGE RAM 1500 5.7

copsey
Explorer
Explorer
Gdetrailer wrote:
You are looking for corner TRIM..

I would recommend getting ALUMINUM corner trim with vinyl insert (insert covers the screws)..

Corner molding with insert trim track (this one is natural but you should be able to get in colors which match your RV sidewalls)
HERE

Vinyl insert for trim above (you can get other colors than the one linked..)
HERE

If all else fails you can buy from

HERE (but they are not cheap..

Appreciate the response but that isn't close to what I'm looking for. It is a plastic cap at the bottom corners of my TT.
2003 Ford Excursion PSD

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
You are looking for corner TRIM..

I would recommend getting ALUMINUM corner trim with vinyl insert (insert covers the screws)..

Corner molding with insert trim track (this one is natural but you should be able to get in colors which match your RV sidewalls)
HERE

Vinyl insert for trim above (you can get other colors than the one linked..)
HERE

If all else fails you can buy from

HERE (but they are not cheap..

copsey
Explorer
Explorer
I have sent an email to the service department at Gulfstream for the same information. I'm looking for my 2004 Innsbruck. If I get a response I will let you know.
2003 Ford Excursion PSD

roundman
Explorer
Explorer
Well, making corner caps did not prove too successful so I am back to trying to find a way to order parts for my Ameri-lite.... I have emailed my closest dealer but they have not responded. I cannot seem to find a link to order parts directly from Gulfstream...does anyone have a link to order parts?? Thanks for any help!!
2004 AMERILITE 21MB LE
2007 DODGE RAM 1500 5.7

roundman
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks. My neighbor just told me that it would be easy to make some corner caps out of white flashing...I may try that. I did not see a number for parts on the Gulfstream web site, I will look again.
2004 AMERILITE 21MB LE
2007 DODGE RAM 1500 5.7

JiminDenver
Explorer
Explorer
I went to the local Ameri-lite dealer when the hail damaged some things on our trailer.
2011 GulfStream Amerilite 25BH
2003 Ford Expedition with 435w tilting portable/ TS-MPPT-45
750w solar , TS-MPPT-60 on the trailer
675 Ah bank, Trip-lite 1250fc inverter
Sportsman 2200w inverter generator

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Call the parts dept at Gulfstream. I have had very good luck there.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.