cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone Have A Heartland MPG Trailer?

jimx200
Explorer
Explorer
We saw this trailer at a RV show and were running late so we did not get any info on this brand. They look to be well made, but feedback from actual owners is what we are looking for. We are interested in their 19' model. Opinions on these trailers most welcome. Thanks!

Nice video here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vP3C_ERiiQ8
3 REPLIES 3

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like they have incorporated some good features in their design. The hard cover roof, beauflor flooring, and cabinet construction stand out to me. It's interesting to see the fiberglass shower pan as I have a free-standing fiberglass shower in mine and it is like new after 46 years.

A single axle doesn't scare me as I've towed a few single axles over the years and there is not that much difference in towing comfort. The torsion axle is a great choice if only towing on improved roads. FWIW, I have dual torsion axles and forgot to take out an open soda can left on a countertop, one trip. After 150 mi. the open soda can was still in it's original spot and upright. 15" tires mean a wide variety of choices when replacing. You could get one of the improved ST lines that are now being offered or an LT tire in that size.

The above are just a few of the positive things I noted from the video. Rounded front and back makes easier towing but, also, a loss of interior space. Overall, I'd say that the Heartland looks like a good fit for a couple.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

jimx200
Explorer
Explorer
I'm experienced in hauling different trailers in single or tandem axel and loaded heavily with farm equipment (for dealership). It's not a concern of mine, especially if not overloaded or speeding. But I do hear where your coming from.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm not a fan of any single axel TT and you won't be when a tire blows. If you go forward, replace both tires with the tuffest you can find.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad