cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone in the SLO / Kern County area can help me?

gettinmykxs
Explorer
Explorer
I need to move from SLO county to Kern County, Bakersfield CA by July 1st, but I don't have a tow vehicle. I have a 2004 Forest River Salem 2004 w/ slide, with hitch and sway bars. Looking for someone who can help me move to Bakersfield. Can pay your fuel costs. I have one car but she just can't pull a 37'ft RV. Need a 2500 or 1 ton pickup with hitch. I surely would appreciate it! Thanks All! ๐Ÿ™‚
6 REPLIES 6

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
Suggest you contact some of the local RV clubs, Good Sam, or the Elks RV club in your area. Someone also said a rv dealership? I have tried the car rental places here but they don't have any trucks that are big enough to pull me out to Kern county. How can the Elks Club help? I am not aware of any RV clubs here in San Luis Obispo County. Do you know of any? RV clubs that is. Thank you for your help!

There is an elks Lodge in SLO which has a Elks RV club. There is an Elks Lodge in Pismo Beach and in Santa Maria, Just call and they will give you the phone # of the President of the club. Call some RV dealers in the area.

tkoden
Explorer
Explorer
Check with a heavy equipment rental company (not car rental company) like Hertz or United Rentals. They have 3/4 ton and 1 ton trucks for rent. You could easily make a round trip in a day.

gettinmykxs
Explorer
Explorer
djgarcia wrote:
Suggest you contact some of the local RV clubs, Good Sam, or the Elks RV club in your area.
Someone also said a rv dealership? I have tried the car rental places here but they don't have any trucks that are big enough to pull me out to Kern county. How can the Elks Club help? I am not aware of any RV clubs here in San Luis Obispo County. Do you know of any? RV clubs that is. Thank you for your help! ๐Ÿ™‚

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
Suggest you contact some of the local RV clubs, Good Sam, or the Elks RV club in your area.

anaro
Explorer
Explorer
Oops dreaded double post. Sorry.
2014 Silverado 3500 Duramax, SRW, Crew Cab, 4WD
2014 Palomino Sabre 34REQS -
2011 Crossroads Zinger ZT26BL - sold in 2014

anaro
Explorer
Explorer
Try looking for a rental truck to tow it. Some trailer dealerships or car rental places may have something you can rent. Or try hiring a professional.
2014 Silverado 3500 Duramax, SRW, Crew Cab, 4WD
2014 Palomino Sabre 34REQS -
2011 Crossroads Zinger ZT26BL - sold in 2014