cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Archoil use

Licreek
Explorer
Explorer
So I just bought a Ford with 6.0 OOPS. Well it runs great right now and its an 06 with 125k on it. Couple question s. If I take it to a diesel guy can he look to see if head bolts have been changed? I ordered Archoi. I read you can use Archoil in the P/S also but no info on how much to add. My P/S pump gets noisy when hot. Also do I need to drain a pint of motor oil out or can I just add the Archoil? Thanks for any help, Lee
3 REPLIES 3

Licreek
Explorer
Explorer
Just found it on their webb site. Add 1oz. to power steering. Also the 16oz oil treatment is only for the 6.0 power stroke.

Licreek
Explorer
Explorer
thanks and yes it is fresh oil. The Archoil comes in 16oz bottles and it says one bottle per oil change. How much would you add to P/S?

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes you can use it in the power steering, but only a little.

I the engine oil, that little bottle should be way less than a pint, so, no, you don't have to drain any oil. Having said that, it works best on fresh oil.

The Archie certainly quieted down my engine when starting during the winter, I put it in when I change the oil in the fall.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.